PDA

View Full Version : New Here

beckyboo83
17-03-13, 13:33
Hi there my name is Becky and I have recently stumbled upon this site during one of my many late night anxiety googling sessions. It seems like a perfect place to come for support, advice and guidance. I am a 29 year old female with two gorgeous children and for the past six months I have been suffering with anxiety which has intensified since Christmas. My panic attacks have been occuring daily and I have been lost in a world of darkness and felt like I was clinging onto sanity by my finger tips. It has been the worst time of my life and I have been so very scared. :weep: I am loosing a friend to lung cancer and my husband lost his job and as a result our relationship has suffered and my three year old doesnt sleep. This has all built up and I am now on both citalopram and propanalol which has me googling side effects left right and centre. I am trying to cope with each day as it comes, but at the moment they are all so hard and I just wanted to see if anyone out there can offer some help. I want to be better but am so worried that the person i once was has been lost forever and I am not confined to this shell from which I can't come out of xx x

Bekzie
17-03-13, 14:06
I Becky, I'm Becky too :)
I have been going through the same thing daily panic attacks and feeling ill all the time. I also found this place during a google session.
The first thing you need to do is STOP googling! I am weaning myself off too, Google will only make you feel worse! Sharing here helps alot, gives you peace of mind because you know you are not alone! We can all get over this we just need to find a way that suits us x

BobbyDog
17-03-13, 18:15
I hope we can be of help to you and that you make some new friends here. You have taken the first step asking for support.
It sounds as though you have just started taking medication, Citalopram was a wonder drug for me years ago when I was in a very dark place, hopefully it will help you in the same way. Unfortunately is usually takes about 4 - 6 weeks before you start to feel the full benefit.
Try chatting to your doctor again, perhaps he/she could give you some wise words and support. If you don't feel up to going in to the surgery, ask for a telephone consultation.

sarah.x

malcolm furneaux
17-03-13, 19:50
Hi Beckie,

I really feel for u - I've just written to NMP for support too - my 'thread' just below yrs. I'm suffering awful anxiety at mo but about very different things from you but the feelings are still the same. I thought the suggestion someone made to go back to yr GP was good - ask & see if u can have some counselling or maybe CBT at some point (cognitive behavioural therapy) Also it is good u have written in to NMP as hopefully u can get lots of support & advice. It also helps to feel you are not alone in suffering from anxiety/panic I've found. And am sure u are doing yr best to manage in a very challenging situation u have described so be sure not to put yourself down in any way for suffering anxiety - as u see from this site it is so so common. I do hope things improve for u & yr husband soon. All the very best malcolm Furneaux

Mark13
18-03-13, 17:05
Hi Becky. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

Arnie365
18-03-13, 17:43
Hi and welcome to NMP. I hope you get as much from the site as I do.