PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm Furneaux

malcolm furneaux
17-03-13, 17:57
Hello co members of NMP,

I'm not new to the site having joined in 2009 but have been helped by the information on the site and knowing from other peoples postings that I am not alone which is important for me altho of course I would not wish this dreadful illness of panic/anxiety on anyone. I'm coming up to 65 & retired from my social work job in 2008 with v fortunately a good pension which means - with my OA pension due in a few months I am v lucky not to have any income problems.

I am having the worst time ever in my life at the moment as I write this with persistent anxiety & panic about a range of family issues & 'happenings'. My 92 yr old mother is moving back home with from the hotel she winters in in two weeks and my brother & sister in law - who live close by & oversee her care are going to the USA this week for 9 weeks. She will have five day per week input of 2 hours but I live 230 miles away in London (she in Devon) & have 'developed' over the past year a kind of geographical agrophobia & cannot visit her if there are problems. I have the same problem with my son and grand daughter who live 120 miles away in Leicester. My wife - who is absolutely marvellous with her support & patience re my illness - is going away for four days next week to visit our son & I'm very anxious about being on my own at the moment. And in April I'm being admitted to a local hospital anxiety clinic for treatment which feels terrifying altho I fully recognise that it is something I need. Finally, I'm also worried about the strain on my wife of my condition - she is not physically well herself suffering increasingly from arthritic knee and back pain. Fortunately she has many friends & contacts can get breaks away from me which she must have altho as i say I'm very anxious about being on my own in London esp at night & in the early mornings.

I'm sure those of u who read this will identify with many of the issues that cause me to be so desperately anxious at the moment & would so appreciate any messages/words of support. I also wish you all the absolute best with getting help & support in whatever way u can to help yourselves manage this so challenging illness.

yours, Malcolm Furneaux

Annie0904
17-03-13, 18:02
Hi Malcolm :welcome: I am sure you will fin lots of friendly support here. You seem to have a lot going on at the moment and I hope that the treatment at the clinic will help you to deal with your anxiety.

steveo
17-03-13, 18:09
A big welcome to you Malcolm.

You have an awful lot going on at the moment!! Very sorry to hear about all that.

I hope that you find some great support on this wonderful website.

Best wishes

Steven

almamatters
17-03-13, 18:11
Hi and :welcome: to the site Malcolm

Vanilla Sky
17-03-13, 19:54
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

malcolm furneaux
17-03-13, 19:57
many thanks to those who have written to me so quickly. i've been re-reading some of the 'members stories' to remind myself that I'm not alone. I'm just hoping I can get through the next few months whilst my brother & sis in law are away & I've made a start at the anxiety clinic.

Malcolm Furneaux:unsure: