PDA

View Full Version : Pulled muscle or something lung related?

GirlAfraid23
17-03-13, 21:30
I was drying my hair earlier with my head upside down. I flicked my head back up and did this again when putting my hair up after I dried it.
A few minutes later I realised I had a searing pain in my shoulder/upper back which creates a sharp pain when I breathe in deeply.
My shoulder blade/back still feels horribly tight and painful 2 hours after injury. I did the stupid thing of googling and blood clot in the lung came up, amongst other things.
Should I go to A&E?

Annie0904
17-03-13, 21:44
It sounds to me like you have pulled a muscle which can be very painful.

LuisaE
17-03-13, 21:44
It sounds like you've probably pulled something when you flicked your head up, sometimes we don't feel it until after.

Try taking a couple of ibuprofen and usin heat on the area. And DON'T google!! Google always gives the serious stuff, don't rely on that for a diagnosis.

See how it feels in the morning,if you're concerned see your doctor to put your mind at rest, but I'm sure it will pass by then.

Remember to try and relax and focus on breathing, panic and anxiety will make it seem worse than what it is.

GirlAfraid23
17-03-13, 21:51
The pain when i breathe in is making me nervous.
Im supposed to be going to work tomorrow, should i call in sick?

Lilharry
17-03-13, 21:59
Sounds like you pulled something. Take some pain killers and see if that helps. It's probably hurting when you breathe because your lungs are putting pressure on the muscles that you've pulled. I don't think you need to call in sick just yet. Wait and see how you feel after you've tried the pain killers. If you are really worried then you could go to A&E, but they will probably just give you some pain killers in the first instance, so you might as well do that now before you go. Personally, I don't think you have anything to worry about, but you need to make sure you do what is right for you.

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

I went to the doctor about some chest pain a few weeks ago. It hurt when I breathed in and when I did certain actions. Turns out it was just a pulled muscle from swimming at the beach. It went away by itself after a couple of weeks, but freaked me out!

GirlAfraid23
17-03-13, 22:04
Thanks for your replies.
It feels like a sore/sharp pain in my shoulder blade and especially when i breathe in

GirlAfraid23
18-03-13, 11:21
The pain is still present today and when I breathe in. I am at work but thinking of taking a trip to a&e later on if I can. Or just GP tomorrow.
Very annoying that I have to have this