PDA

View Full Version : not much talk on this topic...any sufferers??

chevychaser
13-09-06, 02:02
Hi there all

My health anxiety symptoms have subsided dramatically since starting anxiety tablets but for the past few months I have started to worry slightly about my mental health in the form of a degenerative brain condition or dimensia or something. Please tell me if any of you have any of the following:

Constantly saying something over and over in my head..as in one sentence over and over a few time. It's really strange and I have to concentrate to get off the sentence and onto something else. It's only when I'm quietly thinking in my head...never out loud.

I don't have any other confusion or concentration problems when I'm actually speaking out loud. Please help as I'm starting to fall off the wagon and it's making me sick in the gut. Thanks

Wannabeloved85
13-09-06, 08:33
hey,
Ive had that. it freaked me out aswell. luckily it only happened when i was really low or had alot of thinking time. I think the more i dwelled on it , the more i actually did it. one thing that helped me was thinking of films i liked, taking the actor and thinking what film he was in, and taking another actor from that film and linking him with another, if you know what i mean lol i basically started lil games, distraction games in my head so my thoughts couldnt dwell. counting backwards from 100 to 1 as fast but clearly as i can in my mind helped too.
Theres no need to worry about this, i think we all do it, anxiety sufferer or not. every noticed a kid skipping down the street and saying the same word over? i have. its the same in our minds too.
Please try not to worry, its scary, but its nothing serious.
Great news on the health anxieties subsiding.
Becci x

Angieb17
13-09-06, 08:58
Hi

Just a quick word. My gran and aunty both suffered with dementia and my mam was worried whether she would get it or not, as she had symptoms a bit like this and forgetful. She was told that because she was aware she was doing it, then there is no problem. Sufferers are not aware of any odd thoughts or behaviour. So try not and worry, you will be fine.

Take care
Angie X