PDA

View Full Version : H there

steamdriven
18-03-13, 02:02
Hey. I'm kinda new here. I've been a perpetual sufferer of overwhelming anxiety, but my current situation is driving it up the wall. I've finally gotten out of a about three years of depression and finally managed to get a real job. It's a good one, I'm being respected at work for what feels like the first time ever and probably is. I'm in a place I actually want to be.

Only thing is that I still have major anxiety problems, it blew up in my face at university but I just plowed though it by drinking alone every night of the week and then pulling all nighters before essay deadlines. But now I need to work effectively and consistently. And I can't sleep, I've had chronic insomnia. Not just the "I've slept six hours", it's "I haven't slept more than four hours a night all week, usually not at all". More than once I've quite objectively felt that I'd rather commit suicide than live like this for the rest of my life.

I've been on zopiclone for as long as is recommended, and that at least helped me get a night's sleep. Now they've moved me onto Mirtazapene. I'm praying that's going to kick in soon.

I'm hoping that finding a community will at least help me feel not alone.

BobbyDog
18-03-13, 08:21
I think Mirtazapine is a god send when it comes to insomnia, stick with it as it's great for depression/anxiety as well. I take it for the same reasons as you, I have had insomnia for as long as I can remember.

Mark13
18-03-13, 17:01
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.

Mirtazapine has been my friend for over 5 years :) 15mg calms me and makes me drowsy enough to get to sleep.

I don't sleep great but at least I get enough.

Edie
18-03-13, 17:34
Hello, and welcome.

Congratulations on your job, and all the progress you have made with your depression.

Lack of sleep will leave you struggling greatly, so fixing that may well help your overall mood. Mirtazapine is very likely to help you sleep. I take it your doctor has already give you tips on sleeping: avoid caffiene in the afternoons, bedtime routine, comfortable bedroom, that kind of thing? If not, it's well worth looking into "sleep hygiene," though that won't solve every problem.

I hope the mirtazapine will work well for you!

Arnie365
18-03-13, 17:40
Hi and welcome to NMP

steamdriven
18-03-13, 18:10
Yeah. My current lodgings... well, even the doctor said they were "a bit pants" (which was hilarious in his upper class accent). For anyone who's not from England that translates to "pretty awful". My current housemates are walking anxiety triggers. Finding a new place has been hard though.