PDA

View Full Version : thoughts

maximus1975
18-03-13, 11:33
im trying so hard at the moment to concentrate what is happening on this very day , not that im working in a charity shop on wednesday not that im uneployed ( on the sick ) not that ive got the dentist on thursday.
its kinda of ironic as im writing about them now but they will go to the back of my head when i go for my walk.
when i did my cbt they encouraged us to set 15 mins aside in the evening to sit somewhere on your own and get all your worrys out, it was group cbt and in the five weeks i think i was the only one who spoke out , i said im finding that impossible to do i just cant do it, i still cant but im certainly getting a bit better at taking each day as it come.
does anyone on here think they could do the 15min thing i think its a tough challenge

little scientist
18-03-13, 11:43
I think its easy to forget to take time out for yourself - I know recently I haven't. I used to keep a bit of an anxiety diary - kind of a self prescribed therapy where I write down my thoughts in the diary, and use that to identify bad thoughts where possible.

It doesnt have to be 15 minutes, but I think just stopping to think how you feel is a good idea

BobbyDog
18-03-13, 11:50
I have tried to do this Max, but when I do - my worries do not worry me, as most of them are day to day tasks. I do have some problems that always on my mind, but they are mostly things that cannot be resolved. Most of the things I worry about are just part of everyday life.
I find it hard to accomplish the easiest of tasks so I write everything I need to remember down on a piece of paper or my calendar. If I didn't I would never sleep.
If you work out how to get these things out of your mind in 15 minutes, please let me know................

maximus1975
18-03-13, 11:50
im trying to train myself to stop ruminating so if i have something stressful coming up i dont think about it over and over and over again it hard work as its all part of anxiety but gotta try , i can think myself into being ill wants the catstrophic thinking starts

kittikat
18-03-13, 11:57
My CBT therapist taught me this 'worry time' thing too, but as said, it really is easier said than done...I just try and take each day as it comes...sometimes I manage it and sometimes I can't...maybe practice makes perfect? :shrug: Answers on a postcard please lol x

maximus1975
18-03-13, 12:02
iwouldnt hold your breath bobby ive always be a worryer to just forget about everything for the whole day just isnt gunna happen

Lilharry
18-03-13, 20:57
To be honest, I think rather than setting time aside for worry, setting aside time for relaxation is far more important and enjoyable! Who would look forward to worry time? I think if you can set aside at least 15 minutes to pamper yourself, meditate, concentrate on nice body sensations like massage, nice smells like aromatherapy etc that is going to be much more beneficial. If you need worry time, I would think calling it something else, something positive, where you write down all the things you want to accomplish might be more fun. Call it "accomoplishment time" or something. Worry time sounds like a bit of a nightmare to me!

theharvestmouse
18-03-13, 21:49
I've always been a worrier but CBT taught me to be more logical, and that helps, if I have a worry I sit down and write down solutions to the problem. It seems to help me take the edge of the worry.

BobbyDog
19-03-13, 07:35
iwouldnt hold your breath bobby ive always be a worryer to just forget about everything for the whole day just isnt gunna happen

Me too:blush: