PDA

View Full Version : Feeling giddy, shaky, heavy eyelids, foggy brain, over all terrible

kingkong
18-03-13, 14:19
Dear all,

I am feeling so bad now. I dont know what is happening.
I feel like I am going to faint as I type this.

I have been having this episodes of dizziness since last October.
I was OK for a while, and now I am back to square one.

Few weeks back I felt that I was almost about to faint and that my legs werent strong enough to hold my weight. Saw around and there was a poundland and bought some oat bars and ate them. Then felt I had a bit of strength.

Now I am feeling as though I am about to faint, I cant type properly, my arms ache, I cant write properly, my handwriting seems messy and illegible.

I feel like my eyes are burning and a heavy thing is tied to my eyelids pulling the eyelids down.

My neck is hurting. My throat is hurting.

My blood test results (including the utilisation of sugar came normal). The GFR was a bit low, but the GP said nothing to be concerned about.

What should I do? What is wrong with me?

Thanks

steveo
18-03-13, 16:27
Well if bloods are OK then it sounds to me like you are suffering panic attacks or anxiety?

All the symptoms you speak of, however scary and real they are, are all very common with suffers of anxiety including myself.

No one on here can properly diagnose you however so if you're still concerned then I do suggest a trip back to your GP who can carry out further tests.

Are you an anxiety sufferer?

Steven

BobbyDog
18-03-13, 17:02
Some of these symptoms could be the signs of anxiety, I would run this by your doctor again just to be on the safe side. You have been tested for diabetes, I am not diabetic either, but I do sometimes get a rapid drop in my blood glucose levels and once I eat or drink something sweet, the shaking stops. I don't get it so often now as I am generally not consuming as much sugar. I always carry a chocolate bar in my bag just in case.

kingkong
18-03-13, 22:25
Thanks Steve.
I have had anxiety issues in the past. I get anxious even waiting for the train. Most of my anxiety is about health, work and so on.
But there is nothing triggering in the recent past which I can think of.
My vision has been tested perfect.
I have had an abdominal scan and chest X ray in the past, which were fine as well. If I go to the GP, is there any specific test I need to ask for?

Thanks Bobbydog,
I will remember to carry some chocolate or something. Things happened so fast when I felt giddy and shaky that, I thought I am going to fall down. Infact I did not even check the date of expiry on the bars when I bought them.