PDA

View Full Version : Strange feelings

pele33
18-03-13, 15:21
Hi does anyone have issues trusting people ? I feel detached from people espicially in reltionships i always analyise and obsess what my partner is doing. I also wonder what is real and feel weird compulsions to do weird stuff and like i have to obey my feelings. Any tips on getting rid of this ?

kutuup
19-03-13, 02:27
Yes, I get like this, especially in relationships. Problem is it's very damaging to the relationship as it makes you appear possessive. It's rooted in personal insecurity and anxiety and can be very frustrating since you are aware that it's a problem but can't control it. As for tips to overcome it, I've been single for 6 years so I can't really offer much advice on that front :P I would however say it's worth proof reading anything you send to your partner and be careful to never accuse them of anything without evidence. The issue is an inability to trust others, which I personally very much understand. It's a matter of learning to trust people until they give you a reason not to, and having the confidence to confront people who have betrayed your trust. It's something I haven't mastered myself but I think that's the goal to shoot for. What weird stuff do you feel compelled to do?