PDA

View Full Version : an idea to help with time flying

danivsdani
18-03-13, 16:00
i often have moments where I'll think WOW it's been a whole year since ~whatever event~ or wow it's been 5 years since that happened already and it really freaks me out to think of how fast time goes by. i've posted about this before on this forum.

i've had this idea though that maybe i should start to keep a journal with one page every day. a physical journal so i can have a physical representation of how much time has actually passed. it helped me massively yesterday when i was thinking of this and i thought "imagine if i had to read the whole thing every single day from start to finish and add a day!" suddenly the actual amount of time that passes or has passed was very clear to me and was kind of overwhelming to think about. a book with a page for every day of my life would be around 9200 pages :scared15: imagine if i had to read that :scared15::scared15:

journals help with anxiety anyway i've heard and i think back in august 2010 or 2011 i was having a horirble time with panic attacks so i started writing journal entries about it and it did help a lot. i kept a journal for 6 years or so when i was a teenager. i threw all those away because they had so much embarrassing stuff in them but for a while i had this big pile of however many notebooks spanning however many years. it would be nice to have something like that around to remind me that time isn't as fleeting as it seems.

i've posted this on here just in case anyone else has this problem. maybe it could help them too.