PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo tongue cancer - the final hurdle completed

Ddcoo
18-03-13, 17:18
I just don't know how I feel, it is such a mixture of emotions. I was terrified this morning that I would be too dizzy to lie on the bed with the mask on and have the final treatment. I felt exhausted and jittery. I knew I had to go but was petrified. Looking at things logically, I have had that mask on 33 times before today and this was to be the very last one. I decided to get up early, get dressed and go to Leeds as soon as possible, so instead of leaving at 10am we left at 9.10am.

It was attrocious weather, the snow thickened the nearer we got to Leeds and there was a build up of traffic, so I am glad we went early. My treatment was at 11.30am and I was ony 5 mins late going in. I told the radiologist girls what I felt like and they were brilliant and once the mask was on I was feeling dizzy, so she told me to focus on a spot on the ceiling, which I did and then I felt fine. The treatment then finished and it was such a relief. They took the clips off the edges of my mask and then gave me the mask to bring home.

I then had to go and see the nurse, but all she did was put a special dressing on my neck where the skin is breaking down and then we were free to leave. I arrived home at 2.oopm. NO MORE HOSPITAL, NO MORE RADIOTHERAPY. I still don't know how I feel. The cancer will be gone and all I have to do now is recover and let the treatment subside, but it will get worse over the next 7 to 10 days as the radio waves continue to do their stuff, but I can deal with that.

A HUGE thank you to you all, you have been wonderful in your support and I would not have done so well without you. BLESS YOU ALL!

spacebunnyx
18-03-13, 17:42
Well done for finishing your treatment. Wishing you all the best. xxx

unsure_about_this
18-03-13, 17:44
I wish you all the best as well

venusbluejeans
18-03-13, 18:00
A BIG congratulations and bear hugs for how you have coped with all of this, you have been an inspiration to everyone on NMP.

Thank you so much for sharing your story when It must have been so difficult for you to do so.

Lots and lots of love and good wishes from Me and NMPTed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Annie0904
18-03-13, 18:08
Diane, I am actually crying now typing this, I am so relieved that the treatment is over. I will call you in the next couple of days to speak to you. Lots and lots of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

bronte
18-03-13, 19:40
all the best and hope you recover quickly x

almamatters
18-03-13, 19:45
Sending you hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

reddevil
18-03-13, 20:37
All the best.

Elen
18-03-13, 20:47
So glad to hear that you have finished the horrible treatment with the mask.

You have done brilliantly and over come so much in the past few month, you should be very proud of yourself.

As others have said you are truly an inspiration.

Take care and keep us posted.

Elen xxx

Tessar
18-03-13, 21:22
yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You did it Ddcoo ..... You really did. And you went out in style didn't you. It just had to be crummy weather. Perhaps deep down some instinct inside you made you get up & get going early. Good job you did though. It's just soooooo brilliant for you. I was thinking about you in the middle of my counselling session. But I wasn't being distracted as I often mention my friends on the forums to my counsellor. She's really pleased I feel at home here. I'm part of "your gang".... And that's pretty darned cool.:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:
The relief u r feeling must be immense but I guess too the idea of no more treatment must be well strange.
You are the best Di u really are.

panickyme
18-03-13, 21:39
Yayyyyyyyyyyy Dd my hero, I new you could do it!!!!!!:yesyes: I am so glad this is all behind you, now we have to get you feeling better. Bless you, my friend you have gone through so much. As I have said many times over, you ARE TRULY an inspirational person. You have taught many of us on here, to fight for life, and for that I thank you so much. So happy for you. It's time to celebrate your bravery, strength, courage, and most of all this being all over for you. :hugs:

mrs way to worried
18-03-13, 21:45
YOU DID IT !!!!!!! i havent commented on any of your posts but i read every one you are an insperation and you have given me hope so so happy for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sunshine1
18-03-13, 22:09
Wow! well done! 33 times, what a star. Your recovery should be more relaxing from now on... x

Eek
19-03-13, 02:53
Yay, finally it's over and you can begin to let your body fully recover. So pleased that it's all done and you don't have to be pinned down by that mask again :)

sending :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

Justinf
19-03-13, 06:13
So it's all finished? That is fantastic news.
What now? How often do you have to have check ups?

Twinsmummy
20-03-13, 11:14
Brilliant Di, you did it. Well done x

JaneC
20-03-13, 11:25
I am so glad this is over for you. Well done for getting through it. You are a brave, brave lady xx

toria
20-03-13, 13:14
All the best for the future take care you are very brave x

Magic
20-03-13, 16:01
I wish you the very best docoo. Hope you will continue to let us know how you are
going on. You are one very brave lady xx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

swgrl09
20-03-13, 16:19
Wow, keep us updated to let us know how you are doing. We are all so proud of you. I have a coworker who will be beginning radiation soon and I feel that with your updates, I will be better able to understand her struggles. You are amazing!!!

Tessar
21-03-13, 16:23
How are you doing, lovely friend??????? Here's to looking forward to when you are feeling much, much better, brave lady :yesyes::yesyes::winks::winks::blush::blush::D:D

Thinking of you ddcoo Thinking of you ddcooThinking of you ddcooThinking of you ddcooThinking of you ddcoo
Thinking of you ddcoo Thinking of you ddcooThinking of you ddcooThinking of you ddcooThinking of you ddcoo

RosieXXX
21-03-13, 18:16
Well done Di - you have done amazingly well xx

bernie1977
21-03-13, 18:23
So glad this is all over for you. Here's to recovery. Take care xxxx