PDA

View Full Version : Does medication affect

spottitchsam
19-03-13, 10:08
Your eye site.Hi guys can anyone answer this.before I started taking all the different pills in January this year I used to see to read without using my glasses except for close up work,but now everything is blurry.I'm getting quite panicky over this,I had my eyes tested in August last year and was told they were fine.if this is down to taking the different meds will it get any better when I stop taking them.thanks guys.x

Annie0904
19-03-13, 11:11
My eye sight is deteriorating but I have never associated it with medication. I think it is just me getting old :ohmy:

panickyme
19-03-13, 11:24
I'm with Annie,(who by the way cracks me up:)) mine are slowly getting worse with age, and I take no medications. It went from wearing them only to read, to possibly needing them full time. Maybe request another visit to the eye Doc. it could be just a matter of adjustment, or run it by your GP. Good luck. :hugs:

Annie0904
19-03-13, 11:46
I have varifocals and they took some getting used to...they were probably to blame for me falling off the daft ladder as I probs looked through the wrong bit and thought I was at the end of the ladder when I wasn't! :doh:

panickyme
19-03-13, 11:48
Awwwww Annie,:roflmao:

Eek
19-03-13, 12:07
yup add me to the getting older group :( I have to wear my glasses for reading all the time now, I can't read anything without them.

spottitchsam
19-03-13, 15:53
My eye sight is deteriorating but I have never associated it with medication. I think it is just me getting old :ohmy:

Hi Annie,waiting for gp to get back to me on this.if I go and see the opticians I've got to pay privately.xx

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

I'm with Annie,(who by the way cracks me up:)) mine are slowly getting worse with age, and I take no medications. It went from wearing them only to read, to possibly needing them full time. Maybe request another visit to the eye Doc. it could be just a matter of adjustment, or run it by your GP. Good luck. :hugs:

Panickyme,I'm waiting to here from my gp now.I might ask him if he would refer me so I would not have to pay.x

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

I have varifocals and they took some getting used to...they were probably to blame for me falling off the daft ladder as I probs looked through the wrong bit and thought I was at the end of the ladder when I wasn't! :doh:

Lol Annie that reminds me of the time I was with my mum. about 30years ago we just got her 1st New pair of bifocals walked out of the opticians and she fell flat on her face she misjudged the curb.I helped her up and we did not know wether to laugh or cry.xx

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

yup add me to the getting older group :( I have to wear my glasses for reading all the time now, I can't read anything without them.

Eek,it sounds like I'm panicking over nothing,you have all said it is because of getting older.I suppose we all have our own little worries whereas others seem to go through life without thinking.x

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

IT DOES the doctor has just rung me and he looked it up and said blurred and double vision is a side effect of the pregabalin pill that I am on.he told me that if I could stick it out until I see him in 3weeks time without getting to stressed he will look into it then.the only other option is for me to come off that pill and to start yet another new pill.I don't fancy starting again has I still could have the same problem with the next one.I will have to just where my glasses all the time and keep saying to myself that in a few months time when I am off these my eyesight will be back to normal.x

clio51
19-03-13, 16:29
Yer, I have noticed my eyesight is more blurred, it is a side effect of meds psychiatrist told me said could I put up with it. So have done but defo is.

spottitchsam
19-03-13, 16:37
Yer, I have noticed my eyesight is more blurred, it is a side effect of meds psychiatrist told me said could I put up with it. So have done but defo is.

Clio thanks I'm not alone and I'm not imagining it.

Annie0904
19-03-13, 18:49
I guess in one it is good to know as I should imagine your eyes will improve again when you stop taking them. Still a bit of a nuisance though :( xx

spottitchsam
19-03-13, 19:41
Thanks Annie knowing my eyesight will improve in a few months time is helping a little.xx

Gotagetthroughthis
19-03-13, 19:47
Hey,

In my opinion a lot of medication does affect our eyesight. Well it does for me anyway. My vision got increasingly bad while on Sertraline and Citalopram.

donnal5
12-06-14, 22:22
I have been feeling dizzy and strange sensations in head and vibrations in different places been to docs a lot and not like me was given tablet for anxiety and got to see neurologist if know better.

Rennie1989
12-06-14, 22:29
Some medication may cause blurred vision as a side effect, but that would depend on what medication you're taking and you. I'm on mirtazapine and it can make me tired, and my eyesight gets worse the more tired I am.

aprilmoon
12-06-14, 22:32
At least your eyes match!
I had to have one eye done because of a fast growing cateract, but the other ones fine and I don't want to have it done because of associated risks,so now I can read with one eye,then look up,and watch the TV with the other! Lol :wacko: :D

Rennie1989
12-06-14, 22:34
At least your eyes match!
I had to have one eye done because of a fast growing cateract, but the other ones fine and I don't want to have it done because of associated risks,so now I can read with one eye,then look up,and watch the TV with the other! Lol :wacko: :D

That actually sounds pretty useful! :roflmao:

I'm always trying to type up work and watch TV at the same time!

aprilmoon
12-06-14, 22:37
Its amazing how your mind adjusts to it.
I wear a contact lens in one eye to match up when I go out.:)

Booboojenny
13-06-14, 00:54
I am on cipralex and have had very blurred vision as a side effect although it is wearing off now I am on week 6:)