PDA

View Full Version : Toilets panic attacks

Deigo
19-03-13, 13:14
Hi there, basically i have been ill for a long time and have only just recently began goin back to school. So heres the problem everytime i have to go to school in the morning i feel an urge to go to the toilet which is never satisfied no matter how many times i go. When im in lessons all i can think about is going to the toilet!!

And as soon as im done with the lesson i feel fine which is why its so frustrating!!!

Any help or advice would be MASSIVLEY helpfull

Edie
19-03-13, 18:59
Hi Deigo,

Stress and anxiety can definitely set your bowel off like this. I have IBS and before medication I used to be just like this in the mornings. It's really not good.

Try taking some imodium in the mornings, as early as you can to give it as much time as possible to get into your system.

If imodium is not enough, then you might need to see your doctor as there are stronger anti-diarrhoeals they can prescribe.

I hope you can find something that works. Sounds like you're making great progress, so it would be good to overcome this.

Lilharry
19-03-13, 21:57
sounds very much like anxiety to me. Anxiety can make you feel like you need to go - it's part of the fight or flight response - your body wants to empty itself so you're lighter and can move faster! Sounds crazy, but it's a real symptom and makes sense that the feeling goes away as soon as the anxiety is relieved. Are you getting any professional treatment for your anxiety?

Deigo
19-03-13, 23:57
Thanks for the replys it was very helpfull/reassuring to know im not going crazy. Ive been seeing doctors for chronic fatiuge syndrome and ibs related things but as yet have not disccused anxiety as i have only just been going back to school.

I have an appointment tommorrow so hopefully my doctor will help me out though im not sure what options there are to help me though.

I hadn't thought of taking imodium so ill give that a try. So edie does this mean you have overcome this now??

once again thanks

Lilharry
20-03-13, 00:37
If you could try some relaxation techniques I think that would be really helpful for you. Do you find you are clenching your stomach muscles the whole lesson? Try breathing in slowly and making sure your stomach rises. Also, could you talk to your teachers about it? I know it's a little bit embarrassing, but they would understand adn you would probably feel better if you know they were looking out for you and you could leave the classroom if you needed to without questions.

ricardo
20-03-13, 05:44
Hi Deigo

You say you have been ill for a long time but you haven't specified your illness, or if you are under any medication.

I certainly wouldn't take imodium until you have talked your symptoms through with your doctor who is better to judge you than any of us.

Obviosly it could be anxiety related with just going to school as you don't mention having this feeling when not going to school.

In any case I am sure your GP will advise and treat you and I really wouldn't worry too much. Good luck.

Deigo
20-03-13, 16:13
Chronic fatigue syndrome and IBS. Medications are Amitryplin, mebeverin and an anti acid tablet.

So i have just been to the doctor and he is going to refer me on to a speciallist in anxeity which is great. However he said the minimum time to wait is like 6 weeks meaning im going to have to endure this for 6 weeks.

Please keep the tips for dealing with it for now becasue the doctor didnt give me any dispite me asking.

Bekzie
20-03-13, 17:03
Hi Deigo,
I always find that when I know I cant use the loo thats when I really need to all because I know I can't! Like in a lesson, on a bus, in a car, in a meeting etc.

Edie
20-03-13, 18:27
Hi Diego, I still have some problems, but the medication I am on now has totally resolved the morning problem.

Deigo
20-03-13, 21:04
Thanks for the replys. Just one more question :) becasue i do cognative behavoural therepy for my chronic fatigue do you think the same person that does this for me could help me with this??

Bekzie
20-03-13, 21:31
Yes I would think so Deigo, its worth asking anyway