PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do -its back

Mogwog
19-03-13, 16:31
I have been on here for around 4 years .

2 years ago I had a breakdown over my health, my dr really helped me and put me on antidepressants. I have only just come off them in January this year as we want to try for another baby.

Problem is the HA is creeping back in. I seem to be focussing on catching something that could harm baby (toxoplasmosis) my 8 yr old was born with disabilities - many of them and I am just so scared that I will contract something that will give our next baby disabilities too. I'm not pregnant yet but really don't want this to stop me, I want my son to have a brother or sister. My dr said she would only put me on antidepressants as a last resort but if I'm like this now and I'm not even pregnant yet what on earth am I going to be like when I am?

I just feel like I'm at my wits end...again :-(

Any advice would be great

Thank you

cattia
19-03-13, 22:17
I feel for you. I have two children and would like a third. It's the main reason I won't go back on anti depressants. How long have you been off them? Would it be worth staying on a low dose a while longer then tapering them down more gradually? Have you tried any other strategies like CBT or counseling? I am sure that nothing you do will harm your baby. It's very rare indeed to catch something that will damage an unborn child. Toxoplasmosis is very rare. Is your partner supportive?

Mogwog
21-03-13, 09:36
Hi Cattia

Thanks for replying. I've been off them since January and felt ok. My husband is very supportive - i'm very lucky in that respect. Ive tried counseling and it didn't work.

Just wish I could be normal.xxxx

Lilharry
21-03-13, 20:00
I know how you feel. We have been trying for our first and I feel very stressed about it. I think though that you really just have to accept that these things are out of your control. As long as you look after yourself the chances of anything happening are very slim. And if something does happen then the time to deal with it is then, not before. It sounds like you have already dealt with a lot and you can draw strength from the fact that you have coped before. How long were u in counselling for? It can take quite a few sessions before you start noticing changes. Or maybe your counsellor wasn't right for you. Don't give up on it. I have found cbt to be really helpful.