PDA

View Full Version : Physical symptoms of anxiety

kittie
26-09-03, 13:05
I am new here but bear with me!

Does anyone have 'odd' physical symptoms with their anxiety? I have stomach aches, pins and needles in my hand and fingers, toothaches, an eye twitch, dizziness, feelings like I have cotton wool in my ears - and I can't believe this is all down to anxiety. That's part of my problem in that I don't believe that worrying can cause all these things.

Meg
26-09-03, 14:10
I haven't heard of the toothache - have heard of jaw ache- but all the rest are extremely common anxiety symptoms !!

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sarah
26-09-03, 15:34
Hi Kitty
Yep I agree with radar, ive been there done that with all of the symptoms you describe and more! As for the tothache, I get it because im constantly clenching my jaw when im anxious. Maybe thats why u get it!
You arent alone with these feelings believe me!
Sarah
xx

kittie
26-09-03, 15:46
Yep - jaw clenching is a classic one for me. I can feel that I've been clenching it now and it hurts!!

Thank goodness it's not just mee!

Roxy
17-10-03, 01:37
Tooth/jaw ache can be caused by TMJ.. "TMJ" stands for temporomandibular joint, or the jaw joint. People tend to get chronic pain in that area that can sometimes be mistaken for tooth/head/ear ache. I find hotbottles and ear plugs sometimes work :)