PDA

View Full Version : Panic - Migraines + oral contraceptives

katepower
19-03-13, 22:23
Hi all
Last week I was put on the Cilest pill for Contraception, and aside from being very tired and very thirsty all the time, am experiencing no other problems.

However I have just read the pill information sheet, and it says that you are not supposed to take the pill if you have a history of migraines, as this can make the migraines worse and also increase the risk of stroke. Apparently the risk for stroke is higher if you are young and female

This has sent me into a mad panic. I am not taking the Cilest tomorrow but obviously it takes a week or so to get out of your system. I am constantly checking my vision, speech etc as i am terrified i am having a stroke, migraine etc. I have only been taking Cilest for a week...i know this feeling will go away but cant seem to calm myself down.... :( help! :(

Carly Lou
19-03-13, 22:27
You just have to love anxiety... i would have done the same as you, read the informatio sheet like i do any other meds/pills/contraceptives im on.... i dont know anyone else who reads the info sheets like i do.. i analyse the whole thing and my ocd makes me read it a few times.... its very highly unlikely you will have a stroke... i was on cilest for a while but it made me really nauseaous... bleurgh... so was put on microgynon and i havent had any problems with it...
your anxiety is causing you to worry... i read the info sheet on nurofen once... went into mad panic and didnt ever take one for over 3 years because i was convinced id have what the info sheet said...
you will be absoloutly fine...
how come you were put on Cilest ? have you tried microgynon ?? xx

Carls xxxx

katepower
19-03-13, 22:35
I tried microgynon about 2 years ago and hated it...it sent me insane, i cant believe the things i did on it, never again....

I get migraines about once every 6 months and they are never too severe....but the idea of a stroke genuinely terrifies me, and i think i would hate to think i had caused one if i ever had one (makes sense to me...:)

I know the chances are low, but will my brain accept that? NO! :)