PDA

View Full Version : Feel like something serious going on.

zippy
20-03-13, 14:33
Sorry for yet another long ramble.
I feel so ill there must be something going on somewhere.
I thought at first I had a brain tumour because my head was heavy, foggy, headaches, pressure,heavy tired eyes etc so reluctantly my gp referred me for a ct Brian scan which I have on Friday but he didn't think I needed one.
I have constant nausea, diarrhoea, night sweats, extreme fatigue, no appetite, constantly crying and generally feel unwell all the time.
I asked my gp to do my bloods to reassure me but that backfired because my liver function test was high and he referred me for a scan and did further bloods so I worried the way I was feeling was my liver. Bloods and scan of my liver, spleen, pancreas, kidneys and gallbladder were ok so he has refererred me to a gastroenterologist now.
I keep getting pains in my neck, below my ribs and back when I breath now too and a feeling right in the back of my throat like I have asthma or can't breath right.
I keep thinking its either lung or stomach now there isnt much else it could be.
My gp said to up my fluoxetine and referred me to a councillor too.
I look pale and ill but no one else seems worried or concerned. Everyday is a struggle. I am supposed to be taking the kids to see one direction in a few weeks, go away in the caravan, see pink in concert etc and feel too ill to do anything. It's not that I don't try I do but I feel so poorly and then I just think there has to be something wrong somewhere.
I even asked if I could be anaemic because I feel so tired but he said no. I can't get out of my head that feeling this fatigued and unwell must be the big c even though all my other bloods were ok.

flatterycat
20-03-13, 17:50
Hello

I feel so similar at the moment. If you read my posts you will see my fear is kidney cancer that has spread to my back or thigh. Like you I feel terrible at the moment. I can't sleep, can't eat and just want to sit down in a ball. I have been signed off work now too. I'm finding that I'm getting tired easily and even running upstairs makes my heart race. I seem to have a permanently fast heart rate. I was on sertraline 50mg for a year, but wasn't taking it very often, then realising I was struggling I started taking it everyday. Now the doc has put it up to 100mg but I just went to 75mg. Think I will go up properly tonight.

Do you feel tired and lacking in energy? Before all this started I was fine but I literally feel like a wreck now. I'm getting leg pains and shooting pains in my back and diahorrea. Trying to eat is so hard.

Today I found a company that do ultrasound scans privately. I was going to go and have my kidneys scanned but my hubby has put a stop to it. He said I'm looking for trouble and if they say the wrong thing or spot something that needs following up I will be even worse. I don't know what to do.

Anyway, just wanted to share.

Sarahx

zippy
20-03-13, 18:01
I have felt like this for 2 months now flatterycat.
Yes I feel very tired and no energy at all as well as nausea, pains in my back too and diarrhoea and generally unwell. I was fine before all this too.
Have you not been to see your gp?

polly81
20-03-13, 18:04
Hi Zippy,

Lately I am thinking if Fluxotine has contributed to how I am feeling and after reading what you have said I might just be right or I might just be mad :)
I too was advised to p my flxotine a few weeks back but refused as I don't like been on them in the first place and don't want to make it harder to taper of them wen I do.
I have nausea and diarrhea everyday for the last 3 weeks as well as headaches which can be severe at times. My headaches only got worse since I started the fluxotine which was last September. I too am crying way too much,anything and everthing makes me emotional these days and I my appetite is terrible. I just feel sick all over really and it doesn't feel right.

I'm, sorry you're going through this, it is so tough and feels like things will never turn around but they have to so try stay positive.
I's good that you're getting the scans done so you can relax knowing you're ok. I have had all the scans done and all came back normal. I really now am thinking this fluxotine might be making me more ill than not.
I don't think it would be wise for me to come of the meds but I am considering switching to another type now.
I don't think you need to worry about the big C, all your bloods were ok and the scans all clear so could be these meds making you feel crap or could just be anxiety. Getting counselling will be good, I'm waiting on an appointment too.
Let's hope things improve soon

flatterycat
20-03-13, 18:12
Hi

Yeah I have seen about 4 docs and also been to a and e twice. How bad is that?My doc says its muscular. Everytime I have a dipstick test it shows trace blood. I know that this is a sign of kidney cancer. Put that with my back pain and I have even more symptoms. I had blood on dipstick regularly back in 2007 and had to have a load of tests. All normal. Consultant at the time said it was "just me" and my doc now says she doesn't need to refer me because I've had it investigated. But that was 6 years ago!

I have had a blood test on on kidney funtion which was fine, but no other bloods. I keep worrying I am anemic - when I told my doc she looked in my eyelid and said no!!!! I'm sorry, but how can she tell from that? I also had a d-dimer blood test because I thought the leg pain was a dvt. Again all normal.

I have a 3 year old daughter who I am not giving the right attention to and I feel terrible. We are going on holiday on Friday and its actually the last thing I want to do.

S

zippy
20-03-13, 18:22
Yes how can she tell from that unless she was looking for yellowing of your eyes but you still should have had a full blood count at least.
I know what you mean about not giving your kids enough attention because I feel the same.

Lilharry
20-03-13, 23:20
Have you considered that it might be chronic fatigue? I'm going to look into this further. My doctors haven't suggested this yet, but I can't understand why I feel so tired all the time. My eyes are always sore and my sinuses always feel pressured or blocked and my back aches when I do anything. It's a struggle to do things like cook dinner or fold the washing - I get all sore adn stiff adn start shaking. It's so frustrating because up until November last year, I was fit and active. I have an active job and I just can't face going most days. When I do go I start to feel like I've pushed myself too far very quickly. The only form of exercise that feels ok is riding my bike - doesn't put any pressure on my back and I find it relaxing. I wish I knew what was wrong with me! It doesn't feel like anxiety, not the anxiety that I"m used to anyway. The type of anxiety that I've experienced in the past has been relieved by exercise not exacerbated by it. I don't know what I'd do if I had children, so I really feel for you lovelies who have to deal with this with extra responsibilities. My counsellor thinks I might have chronic fatigue. She also mentioned adrenal fatigue - have any of you heard of that? I've looked into it and it's not a scientific diagnosis, so that puts me of delving further. I"m not really into quackery, but I am starting to think I might see a naturopath just because I feel like I have no where else to turn.

panickyme
20-03-13, 23:34
Awwww Zippy, you sound very much like me. Seems with both have been bitten by HA. Ha is never ending, we seem to jump from thing, to thing, never really trusting what Doctors tell us. It sounds like you have a very understanding Doctor though, and that is a good thing. (and it's even better, that you have checked out well) Have you had your thyroid checked? My husband had many of your symptoms, and his thyroid was out of whack) We are convinced that is something is wrong with us, so when one thing checks out alright, we jump to something else, all the while we are creating most of our symptoms. It is unbelievable that we can create a lot of this. I just cant bring myself to believe, I do this to myself, and it makes it harder when we have convinced our brains there is something seriously going wrong. I wish we could convince ourselves that we are just fine. UGH....... Will we ever get out of this trap? Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

zippy
21-03-13, 14:41
Lilharry I have got cfs/ m.e I have had it 12 years but I have never been this tired and nauseas in my whole time of having it.
I have also thought of asking about adrenal fatigue but don't know if gp's would do any tests for this.

potato11
21-03-13, 15:05
Out of interest, have any of you tried hypnotherapy?

Just asking because yesterday, I went to see a hypnotherapist who did some guided relaxation with me.

At first I was sceptical and I did find it hard (even with her guidance) to focus on things such as calming visions ie a nice clear lake, but after 30 mins of it I did indeed wake up feeling a lot more chilled.

It helped me gain a clearer perspective on anxiety - we're constantly tense/on edge and this must take a toll on the body. But if we took time to REALLY chill out - proper guided relaxation - each day, giving our bodies that little break, I really think it would help.

Lilharry
21-03-13, 19:42
I went hypnotherapy once and freaked out unfortunately. It makes me panic thinking about giving up control like that. I do find yoga helps though. I did a session on YouTube yesterday - just looked up "relaxation yoga for beginners" and got loads of videos.