PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia and Dentists

panicpanda
20-03-13, 18:22
I had been doing quite well with my agoraphobia for the past few weeks, been going for small walks and been to the local shop several times alone. But for the past few days I've had toothache and I know I need to see a dentist. I know that the pain at the bottom is a wisdom tooth coming through but I also have pain at the top, I'm worried it's an abcess or something.

I'm at my wits end worried about this trip to see a dentist. I have nothing booked, I don't think I'm even on my old dentists books anymore. I have been referred for a home visit (for people who are phobic etc) but it will be weeks, possibly months before he can see me. It's unlikely to involve any treatment either, just an assessment. The clinic is not even in my town.

I'm terrified and I'm losing a lot of sleep over this. I know that my doc can prescribe me an antibiotic if it's an infection but ultimately I know there's no way of getting out of this trip, I'm more scared of this than I was of moving house. I'm not even all that scared of dental treatment (obviously I don't like it!), just being away from my home for too long :weep: The only way I can see it happening is with me kicking and screaming, and I have no idea how the dentist will even treat me like that... My CPN said she could get some Valium for me but I'm so so soo meds phobic too :shrug: