PDA

View Full Version : Pink Lumps on Scalp - Concerned

Boink
20-03-13, 18:55
Hi.

For the past 7/8 years I have had this small pink lump on my scalp. It's round and firmish. It's about the size of pea. Hair grows out of it so the most obvious non-scary thing, pilar cyst, is ruled out. It hasn't grown but I have just become very worried about it. I am seeing the doctor but has anyone else got these things on their scalp? Quite worried about it...:(

Thanks.

Lilharry
21-03-13, 00:36
Go to the doctor and get it checked out. Sounds very benign to me. My husband has had a round skin coloured lump on his scalp too ever since I've known him. It really doesn't sound like anything to worry about, but get it checked out and put your mind at ease.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Also, I had a cyst on my neck for years, that I eventually got cut out because it was unsightly. It started off the size of a pea but got bigger. It was totally benign. I think you will be fine.

Hypo
21-03-13, 13:45
I have a few of them.

I am still alive 10 years later if that helps reassure you any :)

Oh and cancer changes.. if you have had it 7 years with no change it isn't cancer. Cancer gets bigger, things start to bleed, weep and scab and break open, they do not stay the same for 7 years :)

Boink
21-03-13, 15:35
I have a few of them.

I am still alive 10 years later if that helps reassure you any :)

Oh and cancer changes.. if you have had it 7 years with no change it isn't cancer. Cancer gets bigger, things start to bleed, weep and scab and break open, they do not stay the same for 7 years :)

What do yours look like? Pinkish, Skinish? Are they big? Mine is pink, pretty much around but maybe ovalish it's hard to tell. About the size of a pea or maybe a bit bigger but flatting. Maybe like a squashed fruit gum. Does hair grow out of it?

Yeah I don't think they stay the same for 7 years but then you read horror stories online and you can't take your mind off it. I keep searching for other things it can be but the only thing that it could be is a Pillar Cyst which I don't think that grow hair. :weep: I shouldn't look this horror cases up and presumably they did eventually have reasons to go to the doctor whereas mine is simply being scared of skin cancer and the last few weeks I have been obsessing over every mole, this bumps on my head are just the latest one I have being fixated on.

rachael t
22-03-13, 23:02
Hi they sound same as my daughters and she was told just colourless moles x

nippy70
23-03-13, 06:29
Sounds very much like dermatatis.... Go to chemistvask for a pot of coconut oil... That willvdo the tricj

Boink
23-03-13, 16:06
Hey! Doctor said it was a wart. :) Probably going to go and worry about other moles now. :wacko: