PDA

View Full Version : Shushhhh.... Don't want to tempt fate but...

starlight78
20-03-13, 22:02
....I think I'm doing a bit better!
I've been struggling with panic attacks and general anxiety since September last year. Had Depression and anxiety in the past, this was my most significant relapse in a while.

Recently I feel more able to cope with the panic. Last week i felt a wave of panic sweep over me and I had the thought 'here it comes again' but then from somewhere, maybe all the Clare Weekes books are embedding in my head somewhere, I said to myself 'so what, if it comes again, I'll get over it again. I will feel horrible for a while but then it will be gone'. I then tried to conscious relax into the panic.. and it seemed to neutralise the panic and the attack never came. I felt so positive afterwards as well.

I thought I would wait to see how the next week went and I've been ok! Some general anxiety and feelings if unease at times, but no panic attacks.

I hope I don't sound cocky and annoying. Just wanted to share my positive week x x

Bekzie
20-03-13, 22:07
Hi Starlight,
That is brilliant for you keep it up!
I am happy for you :D

BobbyDog
21-03-13, 06:43
DEFINITELY not annoying or cocky, you have a right to be pleased and proud of yourself.

We all love to hear about a fellow sufferer who is doing well and overcoming their anxiety.

Well done you!!!!

Col
21-03-13, 08:25
It's a bit of inspiration and hope for others - great news , fingers crossed x