PDA

View Full Version : New here help/support

jbarr16
21-03-13, 01:52
Hi my name is Jason and I am a 20 year old university student. I have been having trouble with my breathing for a pretty long time now. I constantly feel like my chest is tight, I need more air etc pretty much chronic hyperventilation. Im so desperate for help... I havent found anything that works ive tried the slow diaphramatic breathing and ive tried mindfulness, progressive muscle relaxation etc. Anyone with any tips or resources to help me get rid of this obsession?

Thanks a bunch for the support

leenalou
21-03-13, 05:46
hi and :welcome:

BobbyDog
21-03-13, 06:22
You seem to be trying everything recommended to help you overcome your hyperventilating. If you have a look on this site there is a lot of information regarding this problem, it is something I suffer with myself. I think in time it will go away on it's own. Try and change your daily routine and avoid situations that cause you too much distress, distract and keep busy. When you feel the need to take deep breaths, be firm with yourself and say "STOP". Remind yourself that there is not a tiger or lion in the room that you need to fight.

sunshine1
21-03-13, 07:42
A quick welcome:welcome:You will find lots of great sdvice and practical support on here

Mark13
22-03-13, 22:57
Hi Jason. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.