PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have epilepsy? Please Help! Scared! Need reassurance!

JustBenn
21-03-13, 03:01
Hi all, really need a chat! and some reassurance before I go to the doctors tomorrow!

I have this ongoing fear of getting epilepsy since September,

well few hours ago, I couldn't get to sleep, I was trying too sleep, I had my eyes closed, and saw some flashing colours or lights, I thought I was dreaming, then the next thing I know is that im shaking fast, I was aware that I was shaking! and could not fully open my eyes during it, I could only open them half way, eventually the shaking stopped and I could open my eyes, I wasn't confused or anything, and never had headaches, I was shitting myself with fear and sweats after,

so I think the shaking lasted for 7-8 seconds, but am not sure whether it was a seizure or just my shaking nerves or normal drifting sleep,

Never had this "shaking" before!
Never had any head injury
Never had epilepsy, neither have family history of it!

anyway, I'm very scared to sleep!
Anyone here have any reassurance to give?

What did I just have? do I have epilepsy ,did I get it out of the blue?

many thanks!

Mogwog
21-03-13, 09:41
My son has epilepsy - which result in two types of seizure tonic clonic and absence seizures - he is not aware when he is doing either.

I sometimes have odd sensations when going off to sleep which range from shaking to jolting. I've put mine down to stress.

Hope this helps.xx

JustBenn
21-03-13, 15:18
My son has epilepsy - which result in two types of seizure tonic clonic and absence seizures - he is not aware when he is doing either.

I sometimes have odd sensations when going off to sleep which range from shaking to jolting. I've put mine down to stress.

Hope this helps.xx

Thanks, your comment is helping!
I was wondering that right before I started shaking in while trying to sleep, I saw this rainbow moving colours with my eyes closed,
and why couldnt I open my eyes during it?
Was I dreaming? I am not completly sure what it was! xx

Mogwog
21-03-13, 16:06
No worries

Actually as I wrote my reply to you my little boy had a seizure:weep:

It sounds like you were just drifting off to me, your body does some very strange things as its going off to sleep (well mine does anyway:wacko:)

Glad I managed to help a little.xxxxx

JustBenn
21-03-13, 17:31
No worries

Actually as I wrote my reply to you my little boy had a seizure:weep:

It sounds like you were just drifting off to me, your body does some very strange things as its going off to sleep (well mine does anyway:wacko:)

Glad I managed to help a little.xxxxx

I'm sorry that your little boy had a seizure, I hope he's alright, of cause he will be fine with a loving mother like you!
I hope your well too! :)

Just came back from the docs,
they said it wasnt even A seizure, and have nothing to worry about because the doctor herself isnt worried,

We talked about what I experienced last night, I said, I was aware and felt the shakes and that I could not open my eyes, I also told her I don't get headaches, never felt the need to vomit, never had any previous seizures, no family history, talked about my anxiety, and stuff,
she just told me to relax, and if anything like it happens again, come back to chat about it more!

xxxxx

Mogwog
21-03-13, 17:45
Aww thank you - he's fine now - he's got a tummy bug and he puked up his medication that's why he had the fit - I panic when he has them but know he will be ok if I just get him on his side.

I'm so glad your dr has reassured you that's great, you can relax a bit more now (I say a bit as I don't think us HA suffers ever manage to fully relax:D

xxx