PDA

View Full Version : help.serious head issues

amanda68
21-03-13, 10:19
Hi I have hissing in my ear for the last 6/7 months. But last few mmonths I have
Started to get a pulsating at the back of my head it sounds like helicopter blades also slight lightheadness I have this 24/7 my question is can this be linked to health anxiety or. Not I'm worried its. Brain tumour ...

HoneyLove
21-03-13, 10:30
Hi Amanda, noise in your ear is called tinnitus, it can be hissing, ringing, roaring or even that pulsating sound. Have you been to see your doctor about it? They're the best person to ask. Brain tumours are very rare, it's more likely be to something benign.

Bekzie
21-03-13, 10:31
Hi Amanda
Health anxiety makes us focus on the little aches and pains and when we focus on them it makes the aches and pains worse. Its a nasty cycle. I read another thread here last night that described very similar symptoms, have a read through and see if you can find anything to put your mind at rest, I will try and look for it.
If it is really worrying you I would go and see your doctor to put your mind at rest :hugs:

XJMatt
21-03-13, 12:04
Hey Amanda : )

The noise in your ear is very likely to be tinitus, and it can sound like many things including white noise, a very high pitched whine which is like the same sound some older Tv's used to make if the signal werent too clear and it can even sound like very faint thunder in your head. there's no harm in getting it looked at and checked out, for both issues your having :)