PDA

View Full Version : Panic!!!

JsMom
19-06-04, 14:34
There are some days when I just feel like a total basketcase. Sigh.

So, I get up this morning and I have the horrible anxiety (like usual). I take one of my Ativans to help my tummy and calm my nerves down. I come out into the living room and start to boot up my laptop when a panic attack hits. All of a sudden, my mind is thinking, "You are having a reaction to the Ativan. Is your throat closing up? Do you feel faint? You are allergic to this stuff! Oh, MY GOD". I try to counteract in my mind by thinking that it isn't an allergic reaction. I have been taking Ativan for almost a year and everything is fine. I actually yelled outloud, "JUST STOP IT" and amazingly I started to calm down.

This stuff gets so old, KWIM?

Jenelle

Tessie28
19-06-04, 14:38
Good on you Jenelle [^]. I think I've talked to myself so much in
recent weeks and it does help[:I]

love Tess

pauline
19-06-04, 17:42
Jenelle

Thats one of the things that my CBT councellor said to do. To get angry at the panic shout at it say you are not beating me xxxx off leave me alone. Glab it worked for you.

Take care
Pauline

Tessie28
19-06-04, 21:21
You didn't say you were doing CBT Pauline. How are you getting on with it mate? I'm pleased to know I'm not alone in talking to 'it' [:I]
love Tess x

Lilith
20-06-04, 02:41
quote: I actually yelled outloud, "JUST STOP IT" and amazingly I started to calm down.

Cool!!

Meg
20-06-04, 09:00
You cannot have 2 dominant emotions present at one time so if fear is overtaken by anger then the fear will subside.

Meg

lainey
20-06-04, 11:07
Good on you Jenlle! I also do this when I feel an attack coming on and it really works and makes me feel as if i have beaten it. Well done you.

Take care

Elaine :D:D:D
xxx