PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't Eat

Chrissya
21-03-13, 17:56
Hi Everyone, I came across this website by chance & have found it very helpful in understanding some of the symptoms/problems I'm having. I was recently diagnosed with overactive Thyroid problems & understand that anxiety is a symptom of this but I'm having real problems eating. I can't face cooking, the smell of food is making me vomit. How can I overcome this as it's making me really ill?

PanchoGoz
21-03-13, 18:43
Same here! No appetite and really dry mouth. Wanting to retch when I have a mouthful. I don't know about a relation between eating and thyroids but I can imagine the anxiety is just as likely to make you like that. I am trying to eat little and often. Eat meals over a long period of time, even if they are going cold.
If you are actually vomiting mind, maye you have a tummy bug. How long has this been happening?

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Ooh just wanted to add, I've found soup to be good as it's easy to get in and nourishing and you will feel hungrier later.

Chrissya
21-03-13, 18:57
Thanks PanchoGoz.
I've been struggling with my appetite since last week & forcing as much food down as possible, am also trying soups. I think it's the thyroid over activity causing the anxiety so is related indirectly; have an appointment with Endocrynolgist 2nd April so they should be able to stabilise it better & anxiety levels will hopefully subside, but am really struggling at the moment!