PDA

View Full Version : Blood when vomiting

Chrissya
21-03-13, 18:50
Can anyone help? Yesterday I took about 6 Ibruprofen throughout the day to help relieve pain of a mulled shoulder muscle (I've recently had a cold & was left with a dry cough; lungs checked & all clear). I started having severe nausea at the end of last week, just anxiety really, & have vomitted 2 or 3 times since last night but have noticed a small amount of blood in my spit, should I be concerned or could it be a reaction to Ibruprofen?

Lilharry
21-03-13, 19:48
I know ibuprofen can be rough on your stomach so it could be that. I would ring your doctor to be sure.

Chrissya
21-03-13, 19:57
Thanks, will do.

Horse
21-03-13, 20:44
I agree.
When I was taking anti inflammatories for my back some years ago, I was popping them quite frequently and in the end I ended up with a stomach ulcer caused by them.

Kerry B
21-03-13, 21:31
Hiya it may a burst blood vessell if you have been wrenching yourself being sick

gwhite73
22-03-13, 12:30
Ibuprofen irritates the lining of the stomach and can make it bleed. This is probably what you're seeing. If you need to take ibuprofen long term your doctor should prescribe something called a proton pump inhibitor to protect your stomach lining. Nothing to worry about if you're only taking them short term though.

Chrissya
22-03-13, 21:06
Stopped the Ibruprofen & stomach back to normal. Thank you for you support though, Chrissy x