PDA

View Full Version : "Unexplained weight loss" – please explain!

popdisaster
22-03-13, 09:07
Hi

As with most of the people on here who suffer from HA, every time I notice any kind of symptom or feeling in my body, my first thought is "that must be cancer". However I try and reassure myself that the odds of that are low, and that I don't have any of the more serious symptoms...

Most people say that with a lot of cancers, you would notice more severe things, like blood in your stools, and unexplained weight loss. Well, the blood in stools thing is easy enough to look out for. But the weight loss thing has been troubling me recently.

For months I assumed that it meant you would lose all your fat and look skinny. Well, my appearance hasn't changed, so I wasn't worried about that. But then I suddenly realised, does it mean that you lose weight (literally) but without changing appearance?

I don't own any scales and haven't weighed myself for years. I don't even know what my weight is. But now I'm panicing that I could be going along as normal, looking the same in the mirror, but somehow losing weight?! Is that what "unexplained" means, or is it even possible??

Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

popdisaster
22-03-13, 17:45
Anyone?

Annie0904
22-03-13, 17:54
unexplained weight loss is weight loss without trying. I am sure you would notice if you were losing weight. I don't think you need worry about it as there would also be other symptoms.

illgetthere
22-03-13, 18:00
Thought I'd help you my fee is also the "c" word and you would notice if you had lost weight I lost a stone in 6 weeks 2 stone in total threw anxiety when it first began I was convinced I had bowel c at first I could tell I had lost weight my clothes dropped of me you wouldn't not be able to notice x