PDA

View Full Version : Emets - Do our behaviours/rules actually help us?

tessasuzanne
22-03-13, 15:19
Hi guys,

I haven't posted on here in a while, but wanted to ask a few questions to my fellow emets out there...

Do the things/rules you do to avoid being/feeling sick actually make you feel worse?

For me these things/rules involve chewing lots of gum, eating mints, drinking fizzy drinks (don't know why I think this makes me feel better!) and drinking loads of water, and not not eating very much, all of which sometimes make me feel nauseous and therefore more anxious!

Just wondering if I'm the only one who finds this or if anyone else has similar rules that aren't really very helpful?!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Hope you're all keeping well,

Tess

welliewellington
29-03-13, 21:59
I chew lots of gum and I think that this actually does help. That and taking little sips of water...

Rls1994
29-03-13, 22:13
Sometimes they don't but most times they do.

haylea
11-04-13, 13:30
I find doing the thing is do to avoid my fear actually makes me worse because im always concentrating on my fear and how my body feels etc that its never out of my head!!!
its makes me paranoid more.
I try and get it out of my head but its really hard if your are concentration on washing hands,sucking mints etc.
im always worried at meal times incase i havent cooked the food properly or i havent washed my hand throughout cooking so germs dont spread.
It drives me insane sometimes.