PDA

View Full Version : Another reflux worry/question :(

Orange Lightning
22-03-13, 19:50
Just a quick question I'm afraid. I have been regurgitating with my belches an awful lot of late, and I still have 2 months of waiting until I get an endoscopy done about it. I'm taking 30-60 mg Lansoprazole, Gaviscon Advance, Setraline, normal antiacids AND modifiying my lifestyle and diet, but I'm still bringing stuff up and it makes me get a tight throat. Omeprazole had no effect and Lansoprazole doesn't seem to either. It's horrid, horrid, horrid and has cost me my job, family respect, friends and hobbies. I'm underweight, age 21 and otherwise healthy. If it's all down to anxiety (is there any way to tell?!), how long will it take to go away? It's all I can think about and I'm scared of having to give up everything I like for the rest of my life.

spacebunnyx
22-03-13, 20:53
hiya,

I can COMPLETELY relate to your post. I had full-on regurgitation of food start about 6 years ago. It started after a really stressful period in my life. I was 26. It lasted months and I got so upset about it... it is so "real". You can't make up lumps of food in your mouth or down the loo (I would spit it out). Sometimes the lump were 2-3 cm across. Thinks like lettuce in particular came up. I thought I was dying. I had a barium fluroscopy and nasoendoscopy and all fine... and eventually it went. occasionally it would come back but only briefly.

At the moment it is back again... and probably because I am stressed. I had a miscarriage before Christmas and am going through IVF at the moment.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... its horrible.. really really scary. But I would bet all my money on it being anxiety. I hope you feel better soon.