PDA

View Full Version : One upper chest rib bigger than the other? Below The Collarbone. Please Take a Look.

footballking
23-03-13, 00:12
Does anyone else have this. I noticed it in september for the first time, i've been told it's tietz syndrome but that's just a guess. It could have always been there, but I doubt it.

I am talking about the upper ribs near the collarbone. My right rib below the collarbone sticks out, however the left one does not. I am scared that my bones might have moved somehow, I can't think of any other logical explanation, apart from inflammation. But that would have gone down by now.

Can someone with upper ribs different or asymmetrical upper ribs please answer, I am going out of my mind with worry.

Thanks.

---------- Post added 23-03-13 at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was 22-03-13 at 21:23 ----------

anyone?

Gotagetthroughthis
23-03-13, 00:20
Hi mate,

It is hard to really take a guess without being able to see or feel what you are talking about but I really doubt it is anything to worry about.

We are all slightly uneven and people have lumps and bumps everywhere that are usually harmless. I know my chest is different on each side, I have a large hard feeling lump that is either a larger rib or some extra tissue in the same kind of area as you describe. You know the little bally bit on the end of each collar bone, I seem to only have the ball/lump bit on one side, but it is nothing to worry about, just a human body that is slightly uneven. Knowone is perfectly symmetrical.

If you are really worried go and see a doctor and they can see if it is anything to be worries about.

footballking
23-03-13, 14:31
Thanks for the advice. Just weird that it's popped up.

jayred
23-03-13, 19:34
I have a lumpy part on my lower right rib that sticks out that is alot smaller on the other side that i noticed a couple of years back bit it has probably always been there as the other person said we all have different shapes etc that are nothing to worry about until we notice them at first i was sure it was cancer but its never changed an only ever causes me an issue of i poke at it which well if u poke something it will be noticeable lol. Dont stress just be happy were all unoque

footballking
23-03-13, 22:10
I have a lumpy part on my lower right rib that sticks out that is alot smaller on the other side that i noticed a couple of years back bit it has probably always been there as the other person said we all have different shapes etc that are nothing to worry about until we notice them at first i was sure it was cancer but its never changed an only ever causes me an issue of i poke at it which well if u poke something it will be noticeable lol. Dont stress just be happy were all unoque

The only problem is, photos show that bump never being there. Doctors say it's just a bigger bone. They can't explain why it's come up suddenly. It could be something harmless like a cyst on my spine.

Carly Lou
23-03-13, 22:20
Hi.... I have exactly this.... but its on my left side... its almost like a bump but when you touch it it is the rib.. its more notricable when you look at it from the side... i have only noticed it in the last year... but i believe its nothing to be alarmed about...

Carls x

footballking
23-03-13, 22:25
Hi.... I have exactly this.... but its on my left side... its almost like a bump but when you touch it it is the rib.. its more notricable when you look at it from the side... i have only noticed it in the last year... but i believe its nothing to be alarmed about...

Carls x

Thanks for letting me know. do you have a picture at all? Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. Mine came up around september after some light trauma to it. Although I don't know fully. Ibuprofen seems to put it down slightly, but still noticeable. I was told it might be Tietz syndrome, what were you told?

Thanks.

pollo
23-04-14, 23:37
I have had the same problem since puberty, and I know some friends who have it too. After looking for things in common, I realised that all of us live near cell-phone antennas (less than 100 meters from them) . Of course it can be a coincidence, but people say those antennas are bad for the health. Do you guys also live near cell-phone antennas??

stressedanxious
30-07-15, 02:17
can you post a picture of the bone u are talking about?

SarahAmy
03-01-18, 23:20
I know this is late but,

Did you ever find a solution to this?
I have the exact same symptoms and it’s really freaking my out.

Thanks