PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia and vision issues

MargaretHale
22-03-13, 22:50
Hi all,

odd question, but since the Ag. took hold I'm only going out in the evenings which is when I feel comfortable that people can't see me (if I'm having a panic attack)

So I'm not going out in the daylight and found that my vision has become very sensitive to daylight. Does anyone else find this? I'm squinting a bit. No pain or anything but any ideas how to solve it? It's making me even more anxious.

xx:shades:

trish1955
22-04-14, 16:38
I suffer thi and he only reason I don't mind suinny days so I can wear sunglasses I for tend to wear them when ever I can. Take care xx

GingerFish
17-06-14, 12:36
Hi when I had really bad agoraphobia, one of my biggest fears was walking outside during the day. One reason was because bright lights and the sun make my vision go funny and that could lead to a panic but mainly because of what you said, more people are likely to see you during the day and I wouldn't want them to see me panic. I thought it was just me suffering from this!

I was totally fine walking outside and even in crowds at night.

After being housebound for months and being against meds personally for myself for agoraphobia and panics, I forced myself to walk outside during the day. First it was just for a five min walk around my block and then I built it up and now I'm totally fine walking outside during the day. It was hard but I'm a lot better now.

MargaretHale
09-11-14, 10:06
I'm so sorry that I've only just seen your replies. Thank goodness it's not just me!!

Love the Claire weekes quote by the way.

x