PDA

View Full Version : Lumps on side of tongue.

nocchi
22-03-13, 23:22
I started getting a pain on the left side of my tongue and my cheek after waking up from a nap so I decided to play denist and have a look inside with a mirror and flashlight to see if I could see anything. To which I came across some raised yellowy lumps along the side of my tongue.

I took a few pictures but they look worse in real life than they do on the pictures, which you can find here if you want to play dentist too: http://imgur.com/a/x6X2j

They're may be a few on the other side of my tongue but they're no way near as visible. So anyone think this is something to worry/go to my GP about? Because now my mind is going "tongue cancer, tongue cancer, tongue cancer".

rachee24
23-03-13, 09:23
I had those for at least 7 years they are more visible wen dehydrated for example when I'm hungover.... Hope this helps :)

Annie0904
23-03-13, 09:54
It doesn't look like anything to worry about to me. I have also just spoken to a NMP member who is being treated for tongue cancer and she said that it is nothing like hers started so you shouldn't worry.

ReissG
23-03-13, 20:00
OMG dude I have the identical thing, there are more on the right side then the left and the ones on the right stick out more, these are actually just taste buds/pieces of gland tissue, I went through the exact same thing as you, noticed one side was larger, I showed the Dr and he said it's perfectly normal!