PDA

View Full Version : Enough already! Need to feel better soon

DollyDaydreamz
23-03-13, 12:06
Hi all, just joined, this seems like a really supportive group and I could do with all the support I can get, so :)

I've had depression on and off all my adult life, came off AD's last may thinking I'd cracked it......but the past few months have been awful, I've come out of an abusive relationship, lost all my friends and have been in a very dark place.

I woke up last sunday morning and realised I was still wearing the same clothes from friday, I hadn't left the house, showered or spoke to anyone, hadn't even brushed my hair, spent the weekend in my bed with the curtains closed. So....went to the doctor and have been prescribed my Fluoxetine again. Day 6, not feeling any better but no worse either so thats good.

Anyway, nice to 'meet' you all, I hope I can fit in here xx

Mark13
23-03-13, 13:50
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Thomo
24-03-13, 07:46
Hi dolly and :welcome:

I have also just joined as a member of the NMP family and I can tell you there is no better place to share with like minded people and receive not only support but also some dam good advice....FACT! About you coming off meds because you thought you had cracked it, I also done this. It was a massive mistake for me and one that I won't be making again. I don't want to be taking AD forever but il let the doc make that decision for me this time.
On this site you will find people who you can closely relate to and in a way that is a big step. Your not alone in all this and I'm sure you have the strength in you and with a little help from this site you will be back on your feet in no time.
I wish you all the best and if you ever need a chat everyone is here. :hugs:

50shadesofmessedup
25-03-13, 09:43
Hugs xx give the tablets a chance and remember not to tell yourself "ill feel better in The morning" cos when the morning comes and you don't , ul only feel worse hunny. Make sure u eat and drink well, and remember you won't be in this hole forever xxx