PDA

View Full Version : fluoxetine after citalpram

hopey
23-03-13, 18:46
I was on 20mg citalapram for 3 years doctor said I needed stronger but could not increase the doseage took me off "Cit" for two days t
hen .put me on "Fluoxitine" 20mg This was just over three weeks ago and
I have been "awful" Shakes, even in my head, no appetite, not myself
at all. Went shopping today felt as if I might die. I know that sounds
very extreme ! ! ! but I did. Any ideas as to how long it will be before
I feel better ? Would appreciate any advice . Thanks so much hopey.

MeaCulpa
23-03-13, 20:58
I was on Fluoxitine for a while and i got the same things. I was shakey nearly all the time, constant migraines, not eating then eating waaay too much till i was sick and everyone i know said that i was very gittery whereas im usually a very quiet person. The shakes stopped after a month or two, and i found no alcohol or anything really helped with the headaches although i still get a few more than normal. I found that drinking water nearly all the time instead of anything else helped, and also just munching on a banana or somethin even when i didn't want anythin kept my strength up till i felt like eating after a day or two. I'd also say the best thing to do is try and find somethin to take your mind off the shakes and how bad, i found just sitting in bed with my favourite music on and writing my favourite poetry in a journal really helped.
good luck and feel free to talk to me whenever, i know how you feel.

hopey
26-03-13, 15:38
meaculpa. Thanks for the info. It is such a relief (although probably selfish.) to know there are people that feel the same.
Do try to keep myself occupied. but some days find it difficult to concentrate. I do listen to talking books which I find a real help.
I used to enjoy a brandy but that went out the window four weeks
ago so I too am drinking water!!!! Hope you well .hopey

leenalou
27-03-13, 06:35
hi hopey
im on fluoxetine too im 5wks nearly 6 thought i was further along but was mistaken.
i get the shakes too, no appetite, trouble staying asleep its pants i sat and cried most of yesterday half the time i dont know why.
i know this will eventually even out just seems to take so long.
im living off bananas and yoghurts too at the moment
and my weakness is coffee and ciggies which i know can contribute to the anxiety.
hope you feel the benifits soon as i hope i do
take care x

Haunted
27-03-13, 10:47
I started taking Fluoxetine a few days ago. It's the first medication I've tried for my anxiety/low moods. I was nervous about starting to take them, and I still get anxiety at times when I think about putting them in my body. Still, I am sticking with it and just going ahead and taking them.

Anyway - with the headache issue, are we alllowed to take normal pain killers whilst taking Fluoxetine? I have had a headache since I started taking them, and slight dizziness. I hope this passes eventually. I'm purposefully avoiding reading too much about side -effects or my worries will worsen and I will stop taking them. I just want to concentrate on what's happening, and I am noticing definitely getting headaches..

JaneC
27-03-13, 11:28
Best to avoid ibuprofen and aspirin Haunted, paracetamol is fine.

Haunted
27-03-13, 11:46
Thanks Jane :)