PDA

View Full Version : really bad attack started 30 mins ago

JulieJay92
23-03-13, 21:40
had chicken nouggets and chips at 730pm then about 815 i felt like a squeezing pain in my chest middle to left side, right shoulder pain and heavy left arm

managed to come here and type , pain has now gone from chest but i am lying on a hot water bottle but right arm and shoulder in agony

thought i was having a heart attack or stroke and now ive worked myself up into a right state

pleaase help me if you can

ps bp 158/96 pulse 77

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:02 ----------

no shortness of breath but chest feels so to touch now, still niggly pains and right elbow throbbing

hubby did bp now its 172/106

so scared - can anyone please talk to reassure me

CharlieM
23-03-13, 21:47
Leiajulie - keep calm. I get this symptom regularly. As scary as it feels, I know it is a panic attack. Keep telling yourself, 'panic cannot kill me - I'll be ok if I stay calm'.

Ride the wave of panic and realise it is not a heart attack.

Hang in there. :hugs:

Charlie

dusty41
23-03-13, 21:47
Hi, I also had this in November, ended phoning for an ambulance. It stated in my chest ( not long after eating a meal) then moved into my back, thought it was a really bad case of indigestion ( also have digestion problems caused by anxiety) anyway the pain got worse convinced myself I was having a heart attack. Went to A & E via Ambulance ( feeling scared, plus a little ermbarrased) anyways after a lot of tests, xray etc they sent me home. I think I'd worked ,myself up that much, that what may have been as little indigestion turned into me panicking and making the chest muscles and back muscle tense up! I have had it since so I know its anxiety, the best thing to do is try and stretch it out a bit, I know its the last thing you feel like doing, or do as you did, a hot water bottle, and try not to focus on it. Watch TV, read a book, or have a soak in the bath that seems to help. Hope this as eased your mind a little ! Xx

JulieJay92
23-03-13, 22:12
thanks charlie & Dusty

its just so hard as i do know from googling many months ago females do have symptoms classic of mine which contine for several months before the actual heart attack (bad of me to dr google i know)

im playing games in the arcade section but every minute or so i can feel the physical pain in chest back shoulders and arms , sometimes jaw

just spent 5 minutes in the bathroom crying :(

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

should add i did have blood tests done in the uk end of november all i remember is the following

cholesterol 5.6 (dr assured me it was normal in the uk!!!! but ive read otherwise
re blood count slightly up (cant remember number)
all other results normal

and bp slightly raised

dusty41
23-03-13, 23:40
Hi, leiajulie, I know its hard not to Google your symptoms because you're trying to reassure yourself and find a sensible reason as to why you are feeling this way, however it can tip you over the edge and as your mind is already in overdrive you convince yourself you've got some incurable disease, ( I have never googled for that exact reason)

You are probably still getting a few pains still coz of the adrenaline in your body and you're awaiting for them to go ( hey presto the pains back because you've just thought about them ) I've just had a chest pain creep in and in my mind I've just told it to `do one `!! With a few words thrown in and hey within as few secs it had gone because I had nt let it snow ball in my mind !

I'm sure if there was anything wrong with the blood tests you're doctor would have asked for a repeat test !

I know these feelings are very upsetting and unnerving isn't there any one there with you who you can open up to, that may help, but were here for you on here, were all in the same/similar boat, you're not on you're own or the only one who's feeling these feelings! Lolxx

JulieJay92
24-03-13, 00:35
thanks dusty was ok for last hour talking 2 a friend on fb but now bad again so gonna try and sleep and start a fresh tomorrow, night all