PDA

View Full Version : Can a milk intolerance cause symptoms?

Lilharry
24-03-13, 07:31
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here seems to be as good as anywhere - please feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate!

I was wondering if anyone has a milk intolerance and if they found it contributed to their symptoms? I have always had reactions when I've had milk - coughing, acid reflux etc, but I have never really thought too much about it and certainly never cut back. However, after doing a bit more research I have discovered that an intolerance to milk can cause other gastric problems and sinus problems as well as fatigue and sore joints. For the past 6 months I have had sinus problems, swollen eyelids, pressure in head and face and severe fatigue, as well as gastric problems I have had for years - namely blood in stool and pain in my upper and lower abdomen.

Doctors have been utterly hopeless and I'm pretty much on my own when it comes to figuring out what could be wrong, but I"m wondering if it could be a food intolerance, particularly to milk. I've decided to cut milk completely just to see if it relieves my symptoms. Just wondering if anyone else knows anything about milk intolerance?