PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone!

drk
24-03-13, 11:52
hi there. i thought i would sign up because i know what it is like to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks as i sufferd for over 5 years, i had nobody to turn to never went to see a doctor, i helped my self and from talking to someone online really helped so i am here to help everyone else!!!:)

Thomo
24-03-13, 12:07
Hi drk
Sufferd/suffering for a long time now with panic attacks and th OCD. Joined here because unlike yourself I wasn't getting anywhere without help. But it's good to know. I do have one question for you, how did you manage to handle and eventually overcome such a thing by yourself, strong will??

drk
24-03-13, 12:55
i like to think i am a strong will'd person - but i think the main reason for overcoming my fears my self was, i was young. and didn't want to tell anyone what i was suffering from because i was embarrassed so i think i just had to do it else i was going to suffer for the rest of my life - obviously it wasnt easy and it caused me to stay in my room for 3 - 4 months but i got over it.

the main thing that helped was when i told my mum she simply said, it's all in you're head.