PDA

View Full Version : Ddcoo recovery from radiation

Ddcoo
24-03-13, 13:25
Thank you all for your replies to my last post and for all your good wishes for recovery. I have had a very lazy week since my last session of radiation, I have been very tired and the roof of my mouth where the tissue has broken down has been painful and I resorted to pain killers for the first time. Today, after a sore start I am feeling a lot more like the old "Di", so maybe I have reached the peak of the bad stuff and can now get on with the slow recovery.

Now that I have finished with Leeds hospital I get transferred back to my original hospital for ongoing check-ups for the next 5 years. I am to have my first check up on Thursday 18th April and will probably have to go once a month for the first six months and then if everything goes OK, it should be scaled down to every 3 months.

I know recovery is going to be slow, but I am on the right side of it now and again I want you all to know how important you have been to me especially for the support when I have been feeling down. One good thing to come out of this is the fact I have lost over two stone, but I need some new clothes now. What an ordeal!!!

I send my thanks and best wishes to all of you. Love Di x

Annie0904
24-03-13, 13:31
Di...Lovely to see that you are feeling a bit better today than you did yesterday :hugs::hugs:

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

I started this thread for you yesterday and was going to send it to you
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132189

RosieXXX
24-03-13, 16:15
Hello Di, it sounds like you have turned a corner, and I am sure that from each day on you will be gathering strength and returning back to health. :hugs::hugs:

cattia
24-03-13, 17:14
So pleased to hear you are doing better. Take it easy and continue to relax until you feel strong again xx

mrsnobody
24-03-13, 20:23
so pleased your doing better

Carly Lou
24-03-13, 20:49
Hi Di, I have been a nmp member for many years but i dont really know you very well... im actually back on nmp after the lovely anxiety crept into my life again... hmm thank you very Mr A! Ha... id just like to say i have read most of your threads and id like to say you really are a inspiration... how you have handled everything... kept everyone updated xxx
just thought id share this with you... glad you are feeling better and keep becoming stronger xxxx

Carls xxx

Tessar
24-03-13, 22:11
Yay, ddcoo..... I missed your post earlier otherwise I would have been in to babble on here this afternoon. So good to hear from you as ever, Mrs Inspirational Lady.
That darned radiation really has done some damage to you hasnt it? I am always impressed with your strength in fighting all this and your positive attitude.
What can I say???? That in a world where I see so much frantic activity and people stressing over little things that really don't matter, in such a complex life......every now and then a little peaceful window appears when time almost stands still. It's calm and tranquil. All the rushing abut seems to stop.
For me, reading your posts and thinking about what life must be like for you at the moment helps me ignore the frantic world outside, that busy noisy place fades away and just doesn't matter. Instead I am able to focus on what really matters in a crazy world.
What really matters is people. People like you who quietly go about their business while fighting battles and overcoming huge obstacles. All accomplished with such grace. To you my lady I take off my hat and bow my head in admiration.

Eek
25-03-13, 02:53
Hi Di,

glad to hear you're feeling a little better than you were. You've been through a tough few months, but at least you're on the right side of it all now and on the road to recovery. Hopefully you'll just keep getting better and better.

Sending you lots of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Tessar
27-03-13, 22:03
thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo thinking of you ddcoo

panickyme
28-03-13, 00:52
Hi Di, so glad you are feeling a little better. Hopefully you will back to you yourself soon. Thinking of you. :hugs:

almamatters
28-03-13, 18:27
Nice to hear from you Di, hope you are well on the road to recovery. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxxx

Tessar
31-03-13, 17:24
+++:wub:+++:wub:+++:wub:+++:wub:+++:wub:+++:wub:++ +:wub:+++:wub:+++:wub:+++:wub:+++:wub:+++

ddcoo HAPPY EASTER to yooooooo ddcoo THINKING OF YOU ddcoo EASTER EGGS for you
ddcoo EASTER EGGS for you ddcoo HAPPY EASTER to yooooooo ddcoo THINKING OF YOU

<<<<>> :grouphug: <<>> :grouphug: <<>> :grouphug: <<>> :grouphug: <<>> :grouphug: <<>> :grouphug: <<>>>

Annie0904
31-03-13, 17:46
Di hasn't been on her computer but I have just spoken to her and she is very tired this week (understandable) I will print the messages off and send them to her.

ElizabethJane
31-03-13, 17:58
Bless you Di at Easter.Praying for your continued recovery.EJ xxx

swgrl09
31-03-13, 21:09
Happy Easter, hope you are hanging in there and getting stronger every day :flowers::flowers:

Eek
01-04-13, 04:00
Happy Easter Di, hope you start feeling better soon :hugs:

Canadiana
01-04-13, 06:23
You are a strong, amazing person. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Blessings to you!

Magic
01-04-13, 08:28
All the best ddcoo xx:hugs::hugs:

Anxious_gal
01-04-13, 19:40
Aw well done x

Tessar
06-04-13, 22:42
ddcooooooooo hugs to you ddcooooooooo healing vibes to you ddcooooooooo hugs to you
ddcooooooooo hugs to you ddcooooooooo hugs to you ddcooooooooo healing vibes to you
ddcooooooooo healing vibes to you ddcooooooooo hugs to you ddcooooooooo hugs to you
ddcooooooooo hugs to you ddcooooooooo healing vibes to you ddcooooooooo hugs to you
ddcooooooooo hugs to you ddcooooooooo hugs to you ddcooooooooo healing vibes to you
ddcooooooooo healing vibes to you ddcooooooooo hugs to you ddcooooooooo hugs to you

Annie0904
06-04-13, 22:49
I sent Di the messages I printed last week and she thanks everyone, she enjoys reading them and is grateful for all your support. She is still very tired. Hopefully she will start to pick up and improve soon. I am amazed at how she still manages to keep her wonderful sense of humour no matter how bad she feels :D