PDA

View Full Version : My story

drk
24-03-13, 13:26
I first experienced a panic attack in Sept 2005 whilst at school and i felt like i couldn't breathe and my heart was pounding. i tried telling a teacher but i was told to calm down, i then felt this overwhelming fear come over me so i left school and ran home ( I've never ran so fast). when i got home my mum rang NHS Direct and they said it could be Anxiety attacks, and i got into bed to calm my self down and went to sleep, this was around 1 pm and i was asleep until 12 pm the next day! and that is where my problems started, i was 15 years old and i loved being out with friends as you do when you are 15 but i couldn't leave the house without feeling dizzy and feeling sick. so i stayed in my room from September until January not leaving the house once! i had a PC in my room with internet so i would stay up all night until 7 am or 8 am then sleep until 8 pm and be awake all night alone, i had to leave school because i couldn't go. i used to feel like i was in a dream and felt like i had tunnel vision all the time. even thought about taking my life at one stage, but when it got to that point i thought to my self i have got to do something about this, so i started leaving my house, only into the garden at first to get some fresh air, then i gradually started going to see friends for an hour at a time then coming home and the attacks started to ease off. and whilst i was at a friends one day i started feeling dizzy and felt a panic attack coming on, and i fought it off. then i had another straight after and i fought that off too. all of a sudden i felt as if i was overcoming my problems all in one go and i felt fantastic!! i still have occasional attacks but when i feel them coming i take a few deep breaths and calm down and they're gone.

allthe time i was suffering and now it seems it was all for nothing, i dont remember any reason why i started having attacks but what i do know is you will and can get over it in time!