PDA

View Full Version : Stroke,, I hate my mind

xtremx
24-03-13, 14:27
I looked in the mirror today and the right side of my face looks like it has dropped my eye does not look level with the left side and my and the rest looks un even as well.

I can still smile as speak ok and also if I asked my wife does my face look ok she says it is all fine.

But I must be the only person to see it I have even used my webcam and took screen shots and to me it looks like it has dropped.

Can my mind be doing all this to me.

I went through a stage of doing this to myself last year I was always looking in the mirror and asking the wife if I look ok... It got to a stage where she got really anger with me.

Why do I do this to myself and has anyone done the same thing and is it possible that I'm seeing what I want to see and I'm wrong.

I'm bloody stupid, I feel like a annoying nutter at times..

HoneyLove
24-03-13, 14:36
Don't be so hard on yourself, anxiety is a tough battle to face, everyone here has those irritational worries!

Next time this occurs to you try to apply some logic - if you we're having a stroke it would be pretty impossible for you to be looking in the mirror pondering about it. If you have a stroke you won't have that kind of control.

Next time you catch yourself looking in the mirror thinking about it remind yourself about this and remember it's just an irrational thought that you can let to if. Instead look yourself in the eye and say "I choose to be a happy, healthy person". Say it three times, feel the words and feel yourself being that healthy person, then walk away from the mirror and distract yourself with something else.

emeraldgirl
24-03-13, 15:50
I can really empathize with you as stroke is one of my (many) worries especially as i am at a high risk for it. At least three times every day i am convinced I am having a stroke but mine is usually due to having pins and needles. I always think of the TV advert and make myself put my arms in the air. if I can do this then I figure I'm not having a stroke. i think everyone's face is asymmetrical so anyone who really looks in the way you are will probably notice it. Take care

xtremx
24-03-13, 16:05
Thanks HoneyLove and emeraldgirl.

I will try to put so logic into my thinking. I think because I have so much pressure ans stress in my life at the moment with relationship problems and financial worries, I seem to have lost my way and it is allowing my anxiety to get the better of me.

I need to just sit back a chill and stop my negative thinking and looking so closely at myself.