PDA

View Full Version : MS Hug

alex60
24-03-13, 17:01
Hello, long time MS worrier currently experiencing what I think may be the MS Hug. Started out at first what I thought was heart pain, but got cleared at E.R. Now the ache radiates through the left side of my rib cage, reaching into my upper back. Also occasional left sided abdominal pain. Almost feels like a stiffness/ache then comes and goes. Some of my ribs also feel tender, and I'm getting skin paresthesias on my chest. Interestingly when it's at it worst, swallowing provides a feeling of relief within the chest area. However there isn't a 'hugging' feeling around my torso - just a general tightness, but i believe the dreaded ms hug can occur this way.
I had mild flu this the week and do currently have a mild cough, but have never experienced this pain with a cough before. I feel as if I am experiencing a 'relapse' due to my viral illness - something that does occur with MS.
The sexual issues i encounter (libido loss and reduced orgasm) have also currently worsened.
I had a clear MRI last summer.
Any help will be appreciated to get me out of this state :(

MargaretHale
24-03-13, 21:41
I've spoken to my friend Gill who suffers from MS, she says that this isn't her experience of the MS hug at all. The more you worry as I'm sure you know, the more our chests and breathing become altered.
x