PDA

View Full Version : My Hello Story

Universeofhappy
24-03-13, 17:30
Hey Everyone,

I saw this site about a month ago and I thought I would join up as my problem doesn't seem to get any better.

It started a about 6 weeks ago when I nearly passed out at work, felt light headed, dizzy and if all the life was being drained out of me. I sat on the floor for a bit and then had to go home.

I went to the doctors and they arranged a blood test, in the end I had to have 2 blood tests and a chest xray because I felt like I couldn't breath. They all came back clear and the doctor has put it down to anxiety as he cannot find anything else wrong with me.

He has put my on diazepam short term to see if that solved the problem which it hasn't so he has now put me on Citalopram which I have not yet started taking due to reading the scary leaflet that came with them.

I tend to have these panics before going to work and sometimes at work. When I returned to work I have been doing late shifts 3pm-11pm and I seem to cope fine with that. I have been doing 7am-3pm shifts for the last couple of days and have had to take a diazepam to keep myself calm and to get rid of the feelings of wanting to pass out.

I'm here for some support and advice really. I don't really want to start taking tablets if I don't need to but I am starting to think I should take what the doctor has given me.

Before this all started I was the life and soul of the party, I like to go out and party and have drinks but if I take the tablets I can't do that. Don't get me wrong I am not an alcoholic just a social drinker but I dont want to have to revolve my life around tablets if you see what I mean.

The voice in my head seems to be the problem I think. Its chattering way to much and when the diazepam kicks in it tends to go silent, which is lovely. haha!.

Anyway nice to meet you all. :)

BobbyDog
24-03-13, 21:06
My panic attacks continued because of my fear of passing out again - I had previously had a fit.

Everyone is different, you may not have too many side effects, I took Citalopram for a number of years and it did wonders for my anxiety.

If your doctor thinks you need the medication, perhaps it is worth a try if only for a short period of time until you get your life back on track.

Mark13
24-03-13, 22:52
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

maxwell1986
24-03-13, 23:05
Hi everyone, my name is Maxwell and im from the united kingdom. I have been suffering from severe anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember.
I'm 26 and though things are getting better since I got out of psychiatric hospital I still suffer from crippling anxiety, and panic attacks :( I am currently on alot of medication which helps alot and it took a few years to find the right combination. The one thing I've learnt is to accept my anxiety and not to fight it as this makes it worse!! advice I would give to people who are going through the same situation as me is remember the bad times will always pass! Exercise is key to help with anxiety and eating healthy!! As for medication I find the combination of venlafaxine, pregablin, propanolol, and diazapam which I have to take 35mg every day, looking to start withdrawal soon! One last thing that I've found that helps when things get really bad and no doctor will advice this but I find using tramadol or codeine with diazapam gets completely rid of my anxiety and makes me feel relaxed and lifts my mood. But if you decide to try it, only use it now and then. Only when things are too hard to bare! Because they are addictive which will make your situation worse! But if used every now and then you will be surprised how much it helps. Thank you for listening.

Universeofhappy
24-03-13, 23:05
Bobbydog - Thats what my friends have said which is probably the case! It's just so frustrating that my brain is against me.

Mark13 - Thanks for the welcome! :)

maxwell1986
24-03-13, 23:19
Hi, thanks, been looking to join a forum for a long time. Pregablin 900mg
. . . . . . .venlafaxine 375mg
. . . . . . . propanolol 120mg
. . . . . . . Diazapam 35mg
. . . . . . . Zolpidem 20mg

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

I current have been taking tramadol for my elbow but within half hour of taking it at larger doses my anxiety completely goes away but when I finished what I got left, I won't touch it again for Atleast a month. Its just good to have a total escape every now and then :-:):)

Universeofhappy
25-03-13, 15:11
A diazepam works for me every time I need one. Like when I go to work. Do you know of any alternatives to taking citalopram I could take just when I need it. I dont want to get stuck on them for a long time thats why I've not started them yet.