PDA

View Full Version : Sugar in fruit bad for you?

Em.ma
24-03-13, 19:53
I eat a lot of fruit.
Normally bananas I love them. I eat about two a day. Am very worried as of the sugar content in fruit though that maybe I should cut down on my fruit intake a bit.
Today I've had two slices whole grain bread toasted with peanut butter and a banana on.
Dinner - home made curry with rice and naan bread.
Pudding- small serving cheesecake and ice cream
Snack- hot chocolate and another banana.
Also two cups decaf tea and one cup decaf coffee. One big glass water. One big glass cherries and berries squash.
Am worried I will turn diabetic from my sugar intake?!
I'm still hungry now and fancied a Rice Krispies cereal bar until I read seven grams of sugar in it?
I also heard sugar makes you gain weight so how come fruit is recommended to eat. Surely it can't be very healhtly ? Even yogurt is so unhealthy really.

I also drink no added sugar squash and have one diet fizzy drink a week.
My weekday is normally. Cereal/banana- breaky.
Lunch- sarnie, banana, yoghurt.
Is this too much sugar?
Shouldn't be having this hot chocolate. Feel so guilty now. Shouldn't have had second banana either. I've ruined my otherwise good day :( it's a 38 calorie sachet of mint hot chocolate with 4g sugar!
I wasn't terribly hungry for my banana so worried now I've eaten something my body didnt need!

Annie0904
24-03-13, 20:02
There are good sugars and bad sugars. Sugar in fruit is good sugar. It is refined sugars that are bad for you. Bananas are very good for you so eating 2 will do more good than harm.

Edie
24-03-13, 20:04
Sugar in fruit is not a serious problem unless you already have a massive sugar intake, or if you were diabetic.

Eating a sweet dessert is not as bad as snacking on sugary things, because after a meal it slows down the absorption of the sugar. So if you're going to eat sweet things, then dessert is the right time to treat yourself.

I wouldn't recommend cutting down your fruit intake. Fruit has many vitamins which are very good for you. If you are keen to reduce your sugar intake, you can replace fruit with vegetable. But really, your diet is fine and you don't need to cut out fruit.

Em.ma
24-03-13, 20:08
I've heard the sugar in fruit is called fructose? After some research.
It worried me when I've seen chocolate bars with less sugar in them than my bananas have.
I normally buy the small fun size ones.
Their kind of an addiction I love them and could go three twenty a day if I didn't stop my self.
The only other fruits I eat on a regular basis are apples and pears. However I like all fruits.
I feel like I've overdone it and ate far to much again today though.
Apparently a banana is 27 per cent of my daily sugar which is about 90g according to the guidelines recommend ? Is any food actually healhtly!

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

I'm worried as my yoghurt is a muiller light with lots of sugar in it.
My dinner is usually in the week. Salad with either some meat or potatoes and pasta. Not sure about the sugar in that.
I'm so worried as I had that hot chocolate and the cheesecake today. That I've completely over done it again .
I wasn't terribly hungry for the banana I just had and am worried I did not really need it!?

Annie0904
24-03-13, 20:16
Fruit is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. When my kids were younger, they had to ask before eating biscuits or sweets but they were allowed to eat from the fruit bowl at any time. None of them are over weight and they all still eat lots of fruit.

Em.ma
24-03-13, 20:23
Thanks.
This is turning into such an issue :(
I won't even let anyone cook for me anymore as I don't know how much oil or how much butter they've put in the mash potato or how much cheese has gone in the cheese sauce or how much salt has been put on the baked potatoes or in the veg for examples.
I really struggled to eat my dinner at my nans house today but muddled through. It was am average size portion but I reckon I've had about 2,500 calories which is far to much for a 8 stone 5 foot 1 girl.
I don't know why I care though as before I'd eat what I'd like and I havnt put on weight.
I worry as ill get older and stop growing ill put it all on. I don't want to be fat.
My diet is really crappy. I should of restrained from having that hot chocolate and banana I didn't need it :(.
The only cereal ill eat is cornflakes as their low in sugar.

Annie0904
24-03-13, 20:31
Emma if you are only 8 stone, don't worry! You are not overweight at all. Enjoy your hot chocolate and like I said before bananas can only do you good :) x

Lilharry
24-03-13, 20:33
Hey hun. Your diet sounds really good and you shouldn't worry. What I'm worried about is your attitude towards your diet. You sound like someone with an eating disorder. It's okay to watch what you eat to a certain degree of course, but it sounds like you're getting obsessed with it. You really don't want this to turn into something that gets out of hand - anorexia or bulimia - so it sounds like you really need to talk to your doctor or a professional counsellor about this. Maybe getting some professional advice about your diet would put your mind at ease too. You shouldn't be constantly feelingn guilty about what you're eating. It's okay to have bananas and fruit and it's okay to have sugar sometimes too. Please don't worry about every little thing because that will just make you sick with anxiety.

Gotagetthroughthis
24-03-13, 20:38
Emma please stop over thinking and worrying about your diet so much, I have read all of your posts and your diet is fine. You have so many threads about this now. A couple of bananas isn't going to do you any hard at all.

Em.ma
24-03-13, 20:45
Thanks.
I stand on the scales about five times a day. I weight with clothes on. Without clothes on. Moving scales onto different surfaces. After and before using the loo for a number one or two.. Time of the month etc etc.
I have two sets of scales. One says 8 stone. One says 8 stone 5 pounds.
I'd like to be 7.5 stone ideally. Or seven would be been better.
Is it wrong to be thinking how can I get this banana and hot chocolate out my system?
Everything has so much crap in it. If its fat free its full of sugar. My hot choccy was four grams of sugar plus the ice cream only a small bit and cheesecake I had. Plus two bananas.
It's so hard to know what to eat. I don't want to eat anymore.
What worries me most is when I had the banana I was only slightly peckish and just wanted something for the sake of it. I could of survived without it and I didn't really need it.

Annie0904
24-03-13, 20:49
Emma you must stop worrying about what you eat. Just eat and enjoy it xx

Em.ma
24-03-13, 21:10
Thanks.
I'm also fed up of all the skinny and small jokes at work.
Yes it's a joke- I know its a joke and not personal. It's purely work banter but I don't need to hear it 100 times a day. For example I get told 'yes you are skinny love'. If I lift something heavy 'watch it your only a tiny dot'
I may look small in clothes but I'm fat and ugly out of them.
I keep telling them ill soon be fat the way I'm going on.
I keep a record of everything eaten. All calories and grams of salt, sugar tracked and the main one that's in everything is sugar sugar. I'm fruit, yoghurts cereal bars. I mean come on seven grams in one little Rice Krispie bar. Four in one sachet of hot chcolate this can't be good ontop of ice cream and cheesecake t Also worried about my carb intake today. To much :(.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

http://i45.tinypic.com/2w6cmr7.jpg
Recorded everything I ate today came out at this.
It told me if everyday were like today I'd gain weight eventually.
Also add an extra two hundred calories in case I've underestimated for example how much ice cream or peanut butter I had.

Lilharry
24-03-13, 21:21
The fact that you are so obsessed and preoccupied by food points to the beginnings of an eating disorder. It is not healthy to be like this and will make you sick. Like I mentioned earlier, you really need to get some professional for this. Sorry for sounding harsh, but I am really concerned for you hun. It is not healthy for someone your size and who has a healthy diet to be this preoccupied. I just found this website that might help you and says this about eating disorders: http://eating-disorders.org.uk/information/facts-about-eating-disorders/

1. How do I know if I have an eating disorder?

Lets rephrase this. You certainly have problem eating if your eating behaviour, or your attitudes about food and weight are taking pleasure out of your life. People with eating disorders typically worry a lot about their weight and about the food they are eating (or trying not to eat). You probably have an eating disorder if some of the following is happening:

Excessive concern and preoccupation about calories or fears of weight gain.
Eating habits that you know in your heart are abnormal.
There is a lot of shame and guilt around eating.
You don’t think you are too thin but other people are worried about you.
You vomit to avoid gaining weight or use laxatives.
Your weight is fluctuating a lot.
There are a lot of foods you strictly avoid to control your weight, and you feel like a terrible person if you eat any of these foods.
You have unmanageable cravings for certain types of food that you think you should not be eating.
Exercise is something you are driven to do; you would feel fat or like a bad person if you missed an exercise routine.
You are depressed and irritable.
You pretend that you have eaten to get people off your back.

Gotagetthroughthis
24-03-13, 21:23
I agree with Lilharry, I think you need to seek some advice on this issue.

Emma from that picture you daily goal for calories is 1200, that is way way way to low. You say people at work are joking about you being skinny yet you want to lose more weight? You do not need to lose weight at all.

The amount of sugar your eating is not going to harm you, especially if its from fruit as fruit is good for you. If you are so worried about sugar then you could just swap the sweet stuff like chocolate for healthier fruit or you could even try and get a bit more protein in your diet, like some meat, nuts, eggs etc. Porridge in the morning is good also as it keeps your blood sugar levels steady and gives you energy throughout the day.

If I were you I would stop monitoring everything your eating, just enjoy your food, I doubt you will put on weight. I eat atleast 3 times the amount you eat a day and I am not fat at all, granted Im male but you do not need to be monitoring all this stuff and you certainly don't need to lose weight.

Em.ma
24-03-13, 21:32
Thank you.
One close friend of mine has been told he has type one diabeties. He would sweat to the point he looked like he was swimming. His constantly drinking water as his thirsty and using the loo a lot.
This got me thinking about my sugar intake a lot as obviously his having to control what his eating now.
As a younger teen I would eat bacon, half a block of cheese on toast, crisps and chocolate each day and I'm still a skinny Minnie ! How I don't know maybe because I was still growing.
Knowing that my growing phase is coming to an end soon and ill stop growing I'm worried ill then start to pile on the pounds.
I want to stop counting and monitoring everything, I actually think I'm a pound lighter than I was a week ago, why I don't know.
This all started when I stood on the scales one day and had gained 7 pounds. I was on my period and the day my period stopped I lost it all so i must have been holdind a lot of water but ever since then I've been counting and been preoccupied by what I eat. I want to eat less saturated fat and more healhtly foods aswell.

Annie0904
24-03-13, 21:37
Emma if you saw the amount my daughter eats and she cannot put on weight (she is 27 now) You are slim now and so obviously burn of the calories quite quickly the same as she does so eat and enjoy what you eat and stop worrying about putting on weight. See how long you can go without weighing yourself xx

Em.ma
24-03-13, 21:58
Thanks annie.
I will see how long I can go.
Tomorrow I'm going to eat what I like. Obviously healhtly ish and not count what I've eaten I'm just going to eat what I planned which was.
Breakfast- cereal and a piece of fruit.
Lunch- turkey and cheese sarnie, piece of fruit, a yogurt.
Dinner- two sausages with a big salad and maybe some onion rings or mushy peas yum.
If still hungry I will have some strawberries or an apple or something.

I am however looking for a more filling breakfast? I don't want toast in the week as I have bread for lunch? Has anyone got any ideas for a breakfast to sustain me from 6:00am to 1:00pm onwards?
Or should I just take a piece of fruit or a hard boiled egg for a snack around 10:30?
I have to eat very early breakfast in a weekday. Then lunch around 1:00/1:30 the dinner from 6:15 onwards. No later than 7:30. Bed around 10.

lizzie29
24-03-13, 22:07
Emma have you heard about your cbt referral? You need to mention this to someone and be honest. Print off your posts.

Have you made a decision about meds?

Annie0904
24-03-13, 22:28
Emma, A banana is a good thing to have with your breakfast as it has slow release energy through the day. Just eat and don't think about what you are eating though. Eat and enjoy!

backfromthebrink
24-03-13, 22:47
Porridge is also really good for breakfast. Oats are high in fibre and provide a lot of energy. I sometimes have porridge with a spoonful of greek yoghurt to make it creamier and some blueberries or other berries sprinkled in.

Em.ma
25-03-13, 18:49
Not had a great day today.
Have had breakfast:
Banana and nature valley granola cereal bar at 6.
By 10:30 was starving so ate all my lunch. Sandwhich. Boiled egg. Banana. Yoghurt.
Dinner: jacket potato with beans chhese and corned beef
Slice of cheesecake..
Am feeling very very guilty about this now though.

:(. About 3,000 cslories I has a lot of cheddar cheese. Oh well.

I've already made a salad for lunch tomorrow.
Lettuce, rocket, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, one sliced gherkin, a tiny tiny bit of blue Stilton cheese, onion and tinned sweetcorn. Also going to add some salsa sauce for dressing as have heard this is better than mayo/salad cream.
I've put in an plastic container will this keep in thr fridge over night? I'm either going to have a can of tuna or boil two eggs and take a yoghurt to have afterwards. Might fry a couple mushrooms if we have some and add some pepper if I can find any.
Dinner will be home made fishcakes with mushy peas. I make them with tuna and mashed potatoes and fry them in a pan with a little butter. Will try to resist the onion rings.
Breakfast : two slices peanut butter on toast. Snack: apple or a pear.
Am going to stop eating junk tomorrow. A couple pounds won't hurt me but if I carry on as I am I will put on lots and lots of weight. How healhtly does my salad sound? Can I add a tablespoon of coleslaw it's a light version or is that unhealhty?

Lizzie yes I have. I have a date for that now. Am thinking cbt can help with this kind of behaviour a lot. I've chosen not to take meds at the moment.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Will go out and buy some carrots and grate them. And some nuts to put in. Maybe some unsalted peanuts and almonds. Or some raisins? Are they healhtly?

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

I am really really unhappy with my self today for being a fat pig yet again.

almamatters
25-03-13, 18:57
Just wanted to say Emma that your diet to me sounds very healthy!! I think you are worrying and obsessing far too much about food. My sister has had major issues with food all her life and it has caused her a lot of misery. I am not saying you are like her, but you are very slim and I don't' think you need to be worrying this much. Take Care.

Em.ma
25-03-13, 19:58
Thank you.
Yes without sounding like I'm boasting I am a very slim girl .
I know I'm obsessing its just stopping the obsessing. Today was not a good day for me again but I hope to make it better tomorrow and start a fresh and forgot thr rest as a few pounds if I were to gain would not not hurt me at all.
Am going to get some new potatoes for salads in case I get bored. Sandwhiches just don't work for lunch, I don't like them. I just hope this salad I made stays nice and fresh for tomorrow lunchtime in the fridge all night.
It's in a plastic container with foil wrapped around the container with all the stuff except the salsa and eggs inside it. Lettuce, toms, cucumber, rocket, beetroot, gherkin, onion and sweetcorn and the cheese. Will it be nice and crispy or a soggy mess.

I've not had a great diet today, nearly 3,000 calories I reckon. At lesst 2,500 anyway and most if it was fatty cheese as had a cheese spread sandwhich aswell. :(
Oh well. Have to start again tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Going to add a tin of tuna to the salad.
Dinner will be two sausages, mashed potato and mushy peas n onion gravy.
Going to really make the effort starting tomorrow!!

Pinktel
25-03-13, 20:02
Emma I have experience personal and from friends regarding bulimia and anorexia nervosa, you don't sound like you are heading towards anorexia nervosa to me because you actually talk about food with real relish, passion and enjoyment.

I have seen many of your posts, they all seem food related, do you worry about anything else at all or is it just calorie intake?

I would say a good three quarters of what you are eating sounds absolutely fabulous, if this is truly what your diet consists of you need to stop worrying.

The only things you could remove or reduce from your diet would be the processed stuff, the cheesecake, onion rings, even things like rice crispie bars, anything processed like that are full of sugars like you wouldn't believe.

HOWEVER if the remainder of your diet is truthfully as you describe, you can continue to include such things if you truly enjoy them.

What kinds of exercise do you do?

I think the diet you have is fine. Continue as you are.

BUT.... if you are not exercising then why not begin to get your heart rate up for 30 mins 4 times a week and that will take care of any of your weight gain concerns.

Continue to enjoy and relish your food, your descriptions daily, whilst they do come across as obsessive, you are recognising this at least and lets face it we are all obsessed with something or other!

Em.ma
26-03-13, 18:20
Hiya.
To be honest not much exercise. Some times I'm in my feet all at work and moving around ll day others I'm sitting down all day.

Feeling much better today,
Had two slices peanut butter on toast for breakfast. Unfortunately we only had fifty fifty bread so it wasn't whole grain .
A pear as a snack.
Lunch. Egg salad with two eggs. Lettuce, cucumber, rocket, tomatoes, blue Stilton cheese, beetroot, gherkin, onion and sweetcorn. With thousand islands dressing. And a yoghurt after.
Dinner is chicken fagitas. Chicken wraps with pepper, onion and chicken, served with more salad . Lettuce, toms, cucumber, beetroot with salsa sauce as dressing And coleslaw.

Yes it is what my diet consists of :)

I also have ha and ga x

Em.ma
28-03-13, 19:23
Went out today. To a oriental buffet restaurant but made a pig of my self. :(
Main course I had egg fried rice, noodles, chicken in satay sauce, beef in black been sauce with veg, stir fried mushrooms and broccoli, egg foo yung, stir fried veg.
Starter was: two onion rings, lemon chicken, two mini spring rolls, mini curry samosa, chicken thing on a skewer, two mini salt and pepper hash browns.
Dessert: small helping of choc ice cream was like one tablespoon, two cubes jelly, two little cake things, three profiteroles rolls.

Also had whole grain toast with peanut butter and jam for breaky and a yogurt.

Tommorow was going to have a banana and cornflakes for breakfast and a tuna and onion sandwhich and a yoghurt for dinner to make up for it.
Or may have a dinner round a friends. Probably either tacos, chicken with salad etc. but not a huge portion
Feeling guilty, I've over eaten yet again :(

Is my body storing all this enegry now thinking it won't be fed again for ages.

As yesterday all I had was a choc milkshake at 7am. An apple at 1:30. Dinner at 6:30.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Was bloody lovely though.
The chicken and beef was so tender.

Em.ma
29-03-13, 17:49
Feeling fat today :(
Had two slices toast with peanut butter and banana and a yoghurt for breakfast.
Hot cross bun and a hot chocolate in a cafe
Starter/snack: cheese stuffed tomatoes/peppers/olives from the deli
Dinner. Two fishcakes. Creamy and cheese mash. Cauliflower and asparagus cheese bake.
Dessert: slice of cheesecake. Trifle

Em.ma
05-04-13, 21:13
Not happy exceeded 2,000 calories today.

Medium size bowl of cornflakes at 5:30am
Late lunch at 2:00pm- one slice toast with butter and two scrambled eggs with semi skimmed milk. Big bowl of fruit- tin of peaches and red grapes. Yoghurt. Bread was 77 calories a slice.
Dinner at 6:30pm. Two tesco haddock fishcakes 250 calories each . Salad of lettuce, red cabbage and carrots. Added cucumber , cherry toms, beetroot, two pickled onions, one gherkin. One tablespoon of salad cream, black pepper and vinegar.
Dessert- ambrosia strawberry flavoured custard . 156 calories .

Really not happy. I had a huge bowl of fruit the grapes were lots of calories.

Tomorrow is jacket potato, tuna and salad for dinner. Not sure on breakfast. My guilty pleasure of peanut butter and banana on toast yum yum.

Murdock
06-04-13, 13:30
You sound like you have a great diet! You need variety, and exceeding 2000 cards isn't so bad, remember that's just an average. :)

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

2000 cards?! I meant calories (d'oh)

Em.ma
06-04-13, 20:28
What have I done!?
I've had a binge.
A box of celebrations, a Milky Way, a flake, a bounty bar, a brunch cadburies bar oh no!?
And breakfast of two slice toast, banana and peanut butter.

I have been to the shops and have bought lots of fruit and veg.
Monday breakfast is, Greek yoghurt with banana, blackberries and raspberries.
Lunch is: home made chicken and veg soup.
Dinner is a two egg omelette with onion and one slice ham from the deli counter.

I'm now starting my diet after today, 1200 calorie a day limit for a one month. And then after I've lost weight going to increase by 100 calories a day.
I can't keep binging like this

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Thanks.
I normally have an ok ish diet. Today's not been great haha.
I feel like I should be sick now,
I spend hours in google looking up diets, starvation mode, whether I will actually gain on fewer calories. It's crazy.
I also read stories about people not eating for a day then eating normal the day after and gaining weight:weep:

Tomorrow going to have salad with a banana for breakfast.
Dinner jacket pot and one tin tuna and onion to make up for today.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

Funny thing is I've ate all this and am starving.
It's true what they say about sugar and chocolate. The sudden fullness then the fall a couple hours later.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

I think this is something I should see my gp about? Does anyone think that Would help me? What would I say?

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

I'm also paranoid of a heart attack from all this stress!? I can not cope anymore like this.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Going to wake up tomorrow with a new attitude.
Going to cut the crap out. Chocolate, white bread, white pasta, potatoes as I crave carbs and sugar.
Obviously bananas and some root veg is high carb but I'm still going to eat them.
Going to eat more berries like blackberries, blueberries etc. healhtly fats . More fresh vegetables and proper meat not processed. Like whole chickens, beef joints or steaks or eggs from the butchers. Going to home cook to. But not going to count calories just going to be healthier with a cheat meal once a week of something like tuna pasta mmm and a dessert as a treat.
Have bought stuff for home made soup for lunches next week. Chicken breasts, carrots, mushrooms, parsnips, one red onion, two small white onions, leaks. Also bought new potatoes but now I don't want to put them in as scared of the carbs in them.

Monday will be: Greek yoghurt with banana, selection of berries for breaky.
Soup for lunch
Hard boiled egg salad for dinner. Or veg and something as ill have left over veg. Maybe a mushroom/onion/cheese omlette.

Em.ma
07-04-13, 10:07
Not going to count calories just going to eat right!
Had my breakfast. Greek yoghurt, banana, blackberries, raspberries and a handful of cornflakes for some crunch. Was lovely had it all in under five months !! Going to make some chicken veg soup for dinner going to have it with a grilled cheese sandwhich as that's what I fancy!

I think a downfall is I always have big portions! My mum and dad always severd them and they become the norm for me. I'm trying to cut down on portion size a little bit now though. Although an average plate just doesn't seem right to me :(

ricardo
07-04-13, 11:00
Yes porridge has a lot of benefit as desribed above by backfromthebrink and as far as I know the most sugar content in any fruit are grapes.

Em.ma
07-04-13, 11:42
Thank you. Yes grapes have a lot of sugar in at least it's not refined sugar like in sweets and chocolate though.
My fav fruit is bananas. Ripe bananas. I could eat about ten. I have at least one a day of not two! Their better than chocolate, I have them with yoghurt, cereal, porridge everything haha. In my jelly I make aswell and with vanilla ice cream or custard for pud occasionsly.

I feel bad already my Greek yoghurt was 110 cslories. Banana about 100. Blackberries and raspberries about 50-70 I reckon maybe less I had about 7 of each. And a fist full of cornflakes on top. Also two cups of tea with semi skimmed milks. See I've just counted calories again I've got to stop the habit and just focus on having a balanced healhtly diet with the odd treat here and their and stop worrying as I've actually lost two pounds again. I can see my ribs to which isn't very nice at all so maybe a couple pounds gain won't hurt me.
I'm 119 pounds. 5 foot 1 so any extra weight shows on me as I'm a short girl but I think only I can see it.
It's just everytime I eat chocolate I think omg I'm gonna get fat. So yesterday I binged and said that will be the last time I eat crap and ill start dieting tomorrow. :(

Em.ma
07-04-13, 21:31
Has my dinner. Home made veg and chicken soup with cheese on toast.
Had a ambrosia rice original pudding after and a coffee for dessert. Feeling guilty. Shouldn't of ate that :(.
That means I've had breakfast :
Greek yoghurt, blackberries, banana, raspberries and cornflakes.
Snack: dried apricots
Dinner: home made soup. Two slices cheese on toast.
Dessert: rice pudding and coffee.

I've added calories without the cheese and soup and it comes to 942 calories.

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

Also without the cheese and soup I've had 80 grams of sugar?! Mostly from the fruit but the rice pudding had a lot to. The rice pudding ingredients are:
Full cream milk, skimmed milk, whey, rice, sugar.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

The soup had chicken, new pots, leaks, carrots, parsnips, red and white onion, mushrooms in it. The bread was 77 cal a slice I had two one with cheddar cheese on. One with hot and spicy cheese on. Not to much though. Just a thin layer on each slice.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

I must book a gp appt tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Last things to add only things are drink are tea, coffee, milk and no added sugar squash.
I can't drink plain water I hate it. Is vile. If I didn't have squash I wouldn't drink anything other than tea and coffee.
I read 250ml diluted is 5 kcal. Does this mean 250ml of the bottles of squash is 5kcal or when made up with water?
I make it quite strong though as don't like it weak so mines probably more kcal. Says you can get about 60 servings I get about 20.

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Thing is I'm hungry now, my tummy is growling. Lol.

Apple81
08-04-13, 14:39
Emma - you are thinking about this too much. The recommended daily calorie intake for women is 2000 calories. But that's a rough estimate - it all depends on other factors such as your age, height, size and level of activity. Trying to stick to 1000 calories a day when it sounds like you have no need to lose weight is silly. It'll confuse your body.

It sounds like you eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruit and veg - which is a good thing. Your body needs protein, fats and carbohydrates too in order to work efficiently. You need to calm down about this because it will end up causing you more stress. Have you sorted out CBT? X