PDA

View Full Version : Atrophy?

Nick2
24-03-13, 20:08
seem to be wasting. esp on legs and arms.
when I tense my muscles front on in my arms I can see gaps between my lower arm and upper bicep that looks like for sure its wasting away. How do if I know if its muscle wasting or fat wasting? I can only really see it when i tense my biceps altough i can press my fingers deep into bicep when not tensed

this is really freaking me out

Annie0904
24-03-13, 20:13
I think this sounds quite normal when you are tensing your muscles.

Nick2
24-03-13, 20:36
I mean there used to be fat or muscle when I did that but now there is wasting there. doctor had the nerve to tell me it was fine

also got real bad wasting on one of my hands my right one compared to the left and feel sick all the time

just scared its muscle wasting as when I tense you can see something has gone

Lilharry
24-03-13, 20:44
Can your friends/family see it? When I broke my arm the muscle wasting was very noticeable, especially compared to my other arm. It looked normal, but just really little. It would be noticeable to other people if it was an issue. Are working out or anything? If your doctor isn't worried then you will be fine.

Nick2
24-03-13, 22:23
the one person I live with says its fine but thats just to pacify with me
I have started working out but that doesnt explain the wasting. the doctor doesnt take me seriously
I showed her wasting on my inside thigh and she said it was cellulite!! nothing knows their own body better than themselves

another thing is the nausea, had it ages and then it went away for a few months and now its back with a vengence
nothing in my diet has changed but still came bk. I even called the endoscopy I had booked IN feb as i was fine and now I have to wait until May to have it done. I am so down I cant see a way out
tried every anti nausea tablet and nothing works, it went away after a year on its own for no reason and then came back 2 weeks ago.

sorry for going on but am scared and no one else to talk to

Lilharry
24-03-13, 22:42
Don't be sorry. Nausea is very common with anxiety. I know you think your doctor isn't listening, but if they were worried they would refer you on for further tests. If you don't get on with your doctor you should try a new doctor who you can trust. Working out would definitely cause a change in your body shape. I know you think you know your own body and you of course you do, but when you focus on negative aspects of it you can blow minor things way out of proportion. People with anorexia, for example, believe they are fat, even though everyone else can see they are wasting away. It could be that you are so focused on the shape of your limbs that you think they are wasting away, but the reality is they aren't. You need to trust the people around you who are telling you that you are not wasting.

Annie0904
24-03-13, 22:45
I get very nauseous with anxiety too and because of that eat less and more weight.
Like Lilharry said, we tend to focus on things and then imagine they are worse than they are and maybe that is making you worry more about your muscles.

Nick2
25-03-13, 00:14
thanks, means a lot but still 110% certain am wasting on arms and hand

any suggestions for nausea, OTC and prescriptions drugs dont touch it neither does ginger or peppermint or colpermine

pepto bismol any good? have to go away for 2 days and dont need the nausea screwing things up

dont know if its anxiety or a real illness but now I am struggling to eat and no appetite so I am eating even though I`m not hungry so dont lose #weight

my biggest fear is vomiting as i have felt nauseous for over a year but not been sick so I figure if i finally am its seious

Nick2
25-03-13, 13:07
the wasting is getting worse and I am in a real panic. I guess I need to call samaritans,