PDA

View Full Version : Mild headache issue

violet33
24-03-13, 22:33
I've posted here in past about MILD headaches I've been getting since July 2011. I've seen numerous drs & have had thorough exam & have been assured its not brain tumor which was my worst fear. I KNOE it's not tumor but have a lot of anxiety over the fact that the drs can't really pinpoint problem. They feel it sinus/tension & also are saying I may have start of neck arthritis. It's in different spots at different times & responds to ordinary over the counter pain killers when I take them which isn't that often. I am JUST SO ANXIOUS & STRESSED! I have no neurological symptoms. It's just that this is chronic apparently. Any responses appreciated.

backfromthebrink
24-03-13, 22:52
Are you on any hormonal contraception, as that can cause headaches for some people…?

Lilharry
24-03-13, 23:00
Tension from anxiety causes headaches for me. I had a chronic one for the past few months, which didn't respond to paracetamol, so I got a professional massage a couple of weeks ago and I have hadn't had a headache since! The therapist said that the lactic acid build up from the tension in your neck and shoulders causes headaches and to use a wheat bag and deep heat in between massages (I am going monthly now). I don't think you need to worry about this.