PDA

View Full Version : can anxiety or panic attack cause twitching?

dreena
25-03-13, 10:37
hi all, i woke up this morning really panicky and anxious. feeling better now but all my muscles feel tense and my left arm keeps kind of twitching, ive suffered with panic and anxiety for years, but this is a new one to me. making me feel down and anxious. :( x x

Pinktel
25-03-13, 13:30
really really REALLY common symptoms :)

dreena
13-04-13, 14:26
thankyou :) the more i think about it, the worse it gets.. just feel so tense all the time at the moment

Tufty
13-04-13, 18:22
Hi Dreena,

I'm the same unfortunately, I have twitching, tense muscles in my arms and legs. It's always worse when I'm more anxious but can last for months sometimes and my muscles get sore and ache and then I feel tired and then I get more anxious and so the cycle continues :wacko:
I'm going to try an Epsom salt bath tonight as I hear that they're good for muscle cramps.

LauraJF
13-04-13, 19:55
Try progressive muscle relaxation. You tense each muscle then relax it.

Here's a video from a college in my state. I haven't watched this one yet. Try it and let me know what you think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYsuvRNZfxE

There are a lot of progressive muscle relaxation videos on youtube.

hi all, i woke up this morning really panicky and anxious. feeling better now but all my muscles feel tense and my left arm keeps kind of twitching, ive suffered with panic and anxiety for years, but this is a new one to me. making me feel down and anxious. :( x x

Whitetrash
13-04-13, 19:58
Hey dreena this is a really common thing for me as well when I'm anxious try not to panic :-)

jadu
14-04-13, 07:13
Yes it very much harmful