PDA

View Full Version : New and need help

Spot-the-frog
25-03-13, 14:39
Hi everyone, my name is Karen and I am a 56 years old.

I have had panic attacks and anxiety for most of my life but have somehow 'managed' to get by, some times better than others.

However, I have just had a bit of a melt down and feel the worst I have ever felt. My doctor has prescribed fluoxetine for depression and anxiety. I feel so bad, don't have any motivation, feel panicky all the time, have no appetite and have frequent bouts of diarhea (tmi - sorry!).

I just can't turn my negative thoughts at the moment and feel quite ill.

This is the first time that I have been off work with this, my doctor has signed me off for another two weeks and of course I am worrying about my job. At the moment, I find it hard to get out of bed and the thought of leaving the house fills me with fear and dread.

I came on here as I feel so alone, family are trying hard to understand but I know how hard it must be for them.

I have had counselling in the past and my doctor got me to ring up italk to self refer for some more, telephone appointment isn't until 11th April.

Any help, tips, hints on how to get the best out of this site will be muchly appreciated.

Thanks x

Annie0904
25-03-13, 14:45
Hi Karen, welcome. I can relate to all the symptoms you are describing. I am sure you will find lots of support here. :hugs:

Bekzie
25-03-13, 14:50
Hi Karen :welcome: to nmp
I understand how you feel, That is me on and off for 8 years now. Some days are good others bad at the moment but other times I can go weeks or even months feeling better.You have found the right place for support, it really helps :hugs: