PDA

View Full Version : Just had a panic attack...

Poke
25-03-13, 16:34
I was getting ready for my day and out of the blue I started to freak out and felt very trapped like there was nothing I could do to escape and recover. It passed eventually but now I'm very anxious at the idea of it happening again. I have a very busy day today and am worried that this will come up while I'm doing something important. I tend to overthink things and this is going to cause me a lot of problems, I know it.

Col
25-03-13, 16:48
Ahhhh poke, how awful bless, I can imagine what anxiety this is now causing, try and slow yourself down and take time and care for yourself.

Let us know how your feeling, takecare

Torri
25-03-13, 20:44
its very hard i have had this for a few years and its so depressing, i do believe in relaxation as this will help when you are low....i am now saying to myself (when i feel like this) i can do this and i will reward myself when i have done it xx

Poke
26-03-13, 16:53
I survived but it was a pretty hard day. I can't shake this feeling like I've done lost my mind haha. I just get some really far out thoughts going through my head and at the same time I realize how insane they are but I just can't shake them. It's very rough but I survived. My anxiety just flared up a few minutes ago but hopefully it'll all be OK. Thanks Col and Torri for the kind words.

Thumbelina
27-03-13, 02:31
Haya Poke,
For me the first Anx or panick attack in each episode always comes when you expect it least. Because then you are vulnerable. Though the actual underlying reasons are bulding up for weeks and for me months sometimes..