PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No see!

cluesforblues
25-03-13, 19:52
Hi all, I haven't visited the forums in a while. just wanted to say hi and I hope everyone is winning their own battles.
I'm currently back on the road to recovery .I was along time user of meds. I came off in April of last year when my second son was born.. I really thought i was over the health anxiety thing, everything was rosy. I run my own business I am a professional musician so my job is low stress I have a fantastic partner and 2 fantastic kids. I didn't enjoy the sexual side effects of the medication and had started skipping doses etc. and decided i didn't want/ need them anymore. Boy was i wrong within 3 months I was convinced I was dying of cancer it got worse and worse and worse over the next 6 months. I kept telling myself i didn't want the side effects of the drug and i could get through this on my own. Eventually I went back to my GP begging for help. My partner had spent so many hours trying to convince me I wasn't dying....I was withdrawn not enjoying my kids it was awful. I decided i would rather have the side effects than feel like this anymore.... Im now 6 weeks into the meds and I feel so much better, I have taken citalopram for 15 years and am now back on it at 20mg a day. Iv just decided i need them,
Taking that little pill everyday makes me want to live I will never come off them again. Good luck to you all sorry about the long post. Just wanted to catch up with you all.

footballking
26-03-13, 00:22
Congrats man, I wish I had the balls to take the pills, but if I start now, will I ever stop? I've been prescribed escitroplam for health anxiety. Still haven't taken it, I keep thinking there's something wrong with me, I have a lot of moles, so I think I have melanoma.

Is there any advice that you could give?

cluesforblues
26-03-13, 13:54
If your doctor told you , that you had to take a pill for something like diabetes would you take it?
I think people and I include myself in that analogy, believe anti depressants are a sign of weakness. Its simply not true. If you have to take them forever so what as long as you feel better. For me the difference is unbelievable as I explained in my post. If I have to take them forever so be it. At least I'm enjoying living instead of fearing dying every minute of every day. Good luck I hope it all works out for you :)