PDA

View Full Version : Chester meet-up Saturday 6th April 2pm

lizzie29
25-03-13, 20:31
Hi everyone

A few of us are meeting at Costa coffee on the Greyhound Retail Park, is anyone else interested?

Saturday 6th April, at 2pm. Feel free to join us for a cuppa and a chat, no pressure to talk, just sit and listen if you prefer.

Would be nice to see lots of people there, a few of us are regulars and there are some newbies too!

Serenitie
25-03-13, 22:25
Hi Lizzie,

I'm away for this meet but would be interested in attending future Chester meets. Can I suggest by the waterfront as a venue for a future meet? It is very relaxing and accessible from the train station. Just a suggestion :shrug: I hope to meet you soon :yesyes:

lizzie29
25-03-13, 22:42
Hi Serenitie

Would be great to have you at future ones.

We tried a meet by the river a couple of years ago but the parking was terrible and that worried some people and one person actually gave up and went home as they were getting stressed finding a space, which was a shame. Also it gets really busy there, which again adds to some people's anxiety.

We've done the retail park a few times and it's worked well. People seemed to prefer the more open feel and the fact that the car parks are quieter, so it's easy to find a quiet space.

It makes no difference to me where we meet, am open to suggestions and peoples preferences, but just going on what's worked well in the past. :-)

Serenitie
25-03-13, 22:50
It was just a suggestion - no worries :) I don't drive and as of this month have cut out tea and coffee to minimise my anxiety - it has! :D I'd struggle to get to the retail park as I'd be travelling from Sheffield to Chester by train. I suggested the waterfront as there are a few outdoor options to take a breather and walk by the river.

I hope that you all have a great meet :yesyes:

lizzie29
26-03-13, 11:25
We've had people come from the station in the past and one or other of us has given them lifts, so we'll get you to wherever if you want to come some time! :-) Like I said, I don't mind wherever so after this meet, if people are happy with the river then I don't mind going with that :-) Especially if the ice cream stands are open!

AndrewNolan
27-03-13, 22:39
Hi

I'll be at the meetup. I like the waterfront as well and the Magistrates court is always good for parking and not too far away. But I drive so am just as happy going to the retail park. I can always give people lifts from the station if needed as well.

Look forward to seeing you on the 6th :-)

Andrew

barbsk
28-03-13, 20:52
Hi Lizzie/guys,

I am happy to meet at the Retail Park :yesyes:

Waterfront sounds nice too but I would need to get parking at the River to be able to make it accessible/manageable...

Maybe another waterfront location might work like a bar near the canal at a quieter tranquil location like Telfords Wine Bar or somewhere like that?

Look forward to seeing everyone on Sat :)

Love Barbs x

lizzie29
29-03-13, 16:12
So glad you're coming Barbs, will be lovely to see you again. We can have a chat when we meet about locations for future meets.

See you all then. There are only 4 of us at the moment - anyone else interested? X

Oh and just to specify - it's the new Costa, think it's a drive thru too. NOT the one in Tesco.

lizzie29
02-04-13, 23:56
The tv programme Benidorm springs to mind when I think of you on the Costa Brava Paul! :-)

lizzie29
03-04-13, 20:57
No, the orange wrinkly granny on the scooter! :winks:

Anna C
04-04-13, 20:52
Hi

I would like to join you too if that's okay? Is it the same costa that we met at last time?

lizzie29
04-04-13, 21:59
Hi Anna

Of course that's okay! Will be lovely to see you again, glad you're coming. This time it's at the retail park in Chester, it's on Sealand Road. Do you know where that is?

Lizzie x

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Ok, so there's me, Paul, Andrew, Barbs and Anna. There are also two others who are possibilities.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Let me know if you need help with directions, any questions, etc etc.

Anna C
04-04-13, 22:22
Hi Lizzie

No I don't know where that is, is it the one I went to last time when I got lost!

lizzie29
04-04-13, 23:24
The last one was at Cheshire Oaks, this is Chester. On the outskirts of the city is a retail park, with loads of shops. There's a Costa coffee that's in the same part as PC World, and Bensons Beds. It's a small funny shaped building and also has a drive thru.

Are you getting a bus or the train?

FroggyPrince
05-04-13, 11:30
I'm hoping to come along tomorrow. :D

lizzie29
05-04-13, 13:36
Yay!

Anna C
05-04-13, 21:05
Hi Lizzie

I will be getting the bus, I can get the 1 or 2, do you know if they go to the retail park?
Thanks.

FroggyPrince
07-04-13, 10:36
It was good to catch up with everyone yesterday - Chester is such a lovely place, and with the Sun out it almost felt like Spring had arrived. :D

Hopefully we can arrange another meet over the Summer!

lizzie29
07-04-13, 13:41
Definitely! Glad everyone managed to make it, was nice to see everyone.
Hopefully we can aim for one in June or July.