PDA

View Full Version : Hi folks

DieAlteHexe
14-09-06, 22:58
Just registered but have been lurking for some time. Took the plunge!

GAD here with a wee bit of depression (tied into the GAD) and going through a spate of heavy duty anxiety and panic attacks (although I think I am getting a grip on those).

Live in Germany but am American.

Ermm, that's about it unless I start writing a whole book's worth here. :D

DieAlteHexe
14-09-06, 23:19
Thank you. :)

Been reading and reading and reading. It's been so helpful to not feel so "odd" and lonely with all this.

clickaway
14-09-06, 23:53
Welcome aboard.

I too suffer from GAD, and although I am quite bad at the moment, I sense that in some ways I am making progress.

What help are you getting?

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

DieAlteHexe
15-09-06, 00:19
Hi Ray...

No official help, really. This is something I've dealt with on and off for hmm, 20 years or so. Used to be a spell here and there obviously tied to some life event but this latest has been pretty much continuous for 2 months now. Responded horribly to scripts and prefer to avoid them in any case.

I'm not a citizen and so insurance is horribly dear. In another year I can remedy that. My husband really doesn't quite get it so not much support there. I don't have much German so it's hard to try to find local communcation and help (doesn't help that I'm mostly deaf now either.). No CBT folks around the area (very rural) who have good English. I have Clare Weeks' book (forget which one) and it has made a world of difference and I'm able to stave off full blown attacks now.

Biggest problem now is constant shoulder/neck tension and wacky sleep patterns and the "my throat is closing" thing. I kept trying to get myself on a regular schedule and recently gave that up in favour of sleeping when I could figuring that actually getting sleep was more important than when I got it. Small steps, small steps.

I have turned a corner, I think. All the research and reading here helped hugely but I've a lot of work to do yet. Sad that my spouse can't help but I realised that it's a bit terrifying for him too and so I'm just going to have to accept that and get back to working and not wasting time "what-if-ing".

clickaway
15-09-06, 00:32
Hi, can appreciate the difficulty you are in over there. But let's hopw that next year you can get more support.

Really good to hear that you think you have turned the corner. Just keep thinking that you indeed have and recognise aches and pains as a necessary part of getting better.

Chers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

manmoor
15-09-06, 15:27
Hi,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

trac67
15-09-06, 16:30
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Eclipse
15-09-06, 20:35
Hi
:D:DWelcome to the forum:D:D
Even though you're in Germany you don't need to feel isolated now you've found this site. There's always someone here to listen/chat to!
Best Wishes
Magz
XX
PS. Don't mean to seem rude ( if I've got it wrong [:I]) but does your name mean 'the old witch?

DieAlteHexe
15-09-06, 20:48
Thanks folks. It's good to have a place where I don't feel odd and I can say what's on my mind. Really appreciate it!

And yes, Die Alte Hexe does mean "the old witch". :D

polly daydream
16-09-06, 10:26
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

Granny Primark
16-09-06, 10:41
Hi,

A big welcome to you.
Glad youve found this site, im sure it will be a big help.
Just knowing there are people who understand you is very reassuring.

Take care
LYNN xx

mad_shell66
16-09-06, 15:31
hiya diane, welcome to no more panic.
speak soon
shellxx